Requisition ID: 118388
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate opening for a dynamic Traffic Engineer in our growing Roadway Group. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, MOT, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, traffic, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design Build Management team are driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design teams to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-driven engineers analyze root causes and resolve design issues before they impact schedule and budget. Particularly on large design-build projects, clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support.
Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This role will be based out of Kiewit’s Lone Tree, CO (South Denver area) office.
• Coordinate with project team to design and produce traffic engineering projects
• Lead traffic modeling, analysis, and design tasks, acting in responsible charge as needed
• Supervise, mentor, and evaluate junior staff
• Analyze and evaluate complex design and construction phasing plans to formulate effective traffic engineering strategies, and to ensure compliance with the feasibility and safety issues
• Lead interdisciplinary design coordination to ensure that project elements are compatible
• Create preliminary design concepts and alternatives for traffic signals, signing and striping, and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) features to support cost estimating
• Lead project technical meetings and provide coordination to resolve design issues
• Execute final design of project traffic elements such as traffic signals, ITS, signing and striping plans, and maintenance of traffic (MOT) plans
• 5+ years of transportation project experience
• Registered as a Professional Engineer
• Certification as a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) is preferred
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience of designing traffic signal systems, ITS, MOT, signing and striping elements for transportation projects
• Familiarity with design-build delivery is preferred
• Working knowledge and experience of MicroStation or AutoCAD platforms
• Skills in traffic simulation / modeling software including Synchro/SimTraffic, Vissim, HCS, and other platforms utilized by state and local agencies are preferred
• Experience developing construction plans for transportation projects is preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to discuss projects with co-workers, clients, regulatory agency staff, and the public in meetings and at public events as well as write concise and readable technical reports and documents
• Ability to manage junior staﬀ to deliver traffic signal, ITS, and signing and striping design services
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead
• Work will primarily be performed in the Lone Tree, CO office, but must be able to travel to project sites and attend meetings across North America as needed by the project
Base Compensation: $75,214 - $112,822
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Vissim (Mathematical Modeling)
Engineering Design Process