To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
101 National Harbor Boulevard
Oxon Hill, MD 20745
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Executive Director Hotel Ops & Retail (MGM National Harbor)
MGM National Harbor • Oxon Hill, MD
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Provide strategic direction based upon observations and in compliance with the company’s overall goals and objectives – ability to establish a vision and objectives for for key Hotel Operations and Retail divisions including but not limited to Front Desk, Front Services, Housekeeping, EVS, and PBX.
- Develops and executes strategic plan consistent with the annual business/marketing plan.
- Provide oversight for the operating margin of applicable departments understanding top line revenue growth opportunities as well as controlling costs in order to maximize EBITDA.
- Maximize hotel occupancy, rate and revenue, as well as participates in all strategic sessions to establish forecasting metrics and provide input regarding the direction of hotel occupancy and yield.
- Provide leadership and direction in the development, execution and measurement of guest service standards within the Hotel Division consistent with the company’s core standards.
- Monitor departmental expenditures, prepare justification for budget variations, and projected increases for new projects.
- Provide oversight and support with leasing and leasing negotiations with retail tenants as necessary.
- Oversee the design, facilitation, and coordination of all Hotel Operations’ training programs to support the core values and guest service culture.
- Analyze and observe experiential guest interactions with regard to arrival, departure and on-site interactions making applicable changes as needed on a regular, consistent basis.
- Ensure that staffing levels match business demands in relation to the pre-established productivity standards.
- Work with Sales and other service departments to understand the VIP guests, and direct/develop programs to ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Understand the DOR and make changes based upon observed trends.
- Direct leadership responsibilities including: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training, , mentoring, career development and succession planning processes.
- Evaluate, correct and/or modify systems and structures that create problems or impede commitment to excellence in service.
- Stay current, knowledgeable, and abreast of the latest in industry equipment, technology, and techniques.
- Monitor, document, and notify the property President of any problems that may impact or jeopardize the achievement of current future departmental objectives.
- Monitor and reinforce high standards for the property by reviewing and evaluating guest comments and complaints, responding as needed, and developing strategic actions plans consistent with the findings.
- Develop new and analyze existing procedures and special promotions that will improve guest patronage.
- Participate in the property’s sustainability initiative through energy conservation and the use of recycling programs and materials whenever possible.
- Perform other job related duties as requested
- Dir Hotel Operations and Retail
- Dir EVS
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel or Business Administration
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in hotel operations and/or guest service, including at least five (5) years management experience in hotel operations
- Effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
- Previous experience in a position working with Human Resources, Employee Relations, and collective bargaining agreements
- Previous experience in a similar resort or branded hotel environment
- Prior experience overseeing a retail operation.
- Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• MD Gaming License
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Superior knowledge of Hotel Operations with presentation and organizational skills to function effectively with attention to detail while meeting established deadlines
- Strong strategic planning, project management skills and superior decision-making while managing multiple priorities
- Ability to attend company business in other jurisdictions
- Possess a positive attitude to deal effectively with guests, management and employees.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Excellent prioritize and organizational skills
- Inovative and a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
This position may require strenuous physical activities and exposure to pipe, cigar and/or cigarette smoking. An ability to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours, weekends and holidays may also be required.
*This is not intended to include every duty or responsibility of the job nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do this job.