SUMMARY: MAPCO’s Assistant Category Manager will support the Category Management team by collecting, processing and analyzing data to ensure appropriate monitoring and execution of the Category Management Plans, and will work closely with Category Management to report out on performance.
* Coordinates and communicates category activities relating to inventory management with field operations, suppliers, distributors and other company departments.
* Build reports that analyze stores, products, vendors, and customers, along with Field Operations reports that analyze performance and labor metrics.
* Provide all data discount, accrual, and rebate info to accounting for assigned categories. Provide deep dive category analysis on category strengths and opportunities and present findings and recommendations.
* Accountable for achieving sales and profit budgets of assigned categories.
* Develop and execute category plans that are aligned with and support corporate goals and strategies. Use consumer research and analytics to ensure that the "Voice of the Customer" is included in all plans.
* Ensure annual category planning process drives continuous improvement and meets category sales and profit budgets.
* Identifies trends by analyzing product movement, pricing and promotional impact; Makes recommendations to the Category Managers/Directors on products, pricing, promotion, placement and other program changes.
* Analyze category productivity by creating and updating weekly category management reports complete with interpretations, recommendations and follow up analysis needs
* Help category managers optimize sales, profits and margins while not impacting customer satisfaction
* Analyze category performance using proprietary transaction data, loyalty data and Nielsen market data
* Identify trends with transactional data and comparing it to market data
* Assist Category Manager’s interpret vendor supplied information into usable, relevant information
* Support Category Managers by analyzing productivity of plan-o-gram changes, promotional activity and new product launches
* Work with suppliers and operations to ensure in-stock inventory levels are optimized
* Create report dashboards based on category needs and operational requests
* Works with Category Managers to implement price events, analyzes profitability before and after the event, summarize findings and build a knowledge library with program recommendations for future events
* Prepares analyses by collecting, formatting analyzing and summarizing information
* Accounting skills, including accrual and rebate experience required
* Role requires travel, sometimes overnight
* Reliable transportation required
* Ability to lift up to 30lbs. required
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or Hospitality Management preferred, MBA a plus
* 1-2+ years' experience in category management or analytics for a retailer or manufacturer required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, hear, use hands to type data, operate business equipment and dial the telephone. They are regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and lift up to 30 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Customer Satisfaction
- Inventory Management