Leads the development and maintenance of a complex integration/solution architecture for portfolios, projects and/or domains that supports the most efficient, reliable, scalable and secure solutions to meet the business needs and technology strategy; this includes planning, evaluating, recommending and designing solutions to ensure technology projects are cost-effective, compliant with enterprise policies, and corporate technology standards and do not diverge from business and technology strategies.Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the Line of Business (LOB) or domain's targeted business outcomes.
- Design and lead the implementation of a solutions architecture for identified LOBs, domains or projects based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities and business requirements.
- Contribute to developed roadmaps and reference architecture patterns.
- Provide consulting support to application architects within projects to ensure the project is aligned with overall enterprise architecture.
- Understand cybersecurity principles. Identify and address impacts to ensure solutions architecture designs comply with Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices.
- Understand Corporate Technology standards and ensure solutions fully comply. Recommend exceptions where appropriate.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Analyze the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
- Define the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns related to assigned domain or LOB to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
- Support governance activities associated with ensuring solutions architecture assurance and compliance.
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the solutions architecture.
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work, leveraging appropriate Enterprise Architecture tools."
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
The jobholder works under supervision of management and provides backup as required. The position serves as subject matter expert in providing guidance and training to less experienced team members.Supervisor/Managerial Responsibilities:Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 6 years' operational/technical experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 10 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 6 years' operational/technical experienceEducation and Experience Preferred:
Graduate degree in a business or technical discipline
Experience in at least two Information Technology solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, infrastructure, application development, cybersecurity, database management or Information Technology (IT) operations
Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
Relevant certifications in Enterprise Architecture discipline, or other domain-relevant disciplines
Strong interpersonal skills
Excellent analytical skills
Excellent technical skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent organizational skills
Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture
Strong understanding of SDLC, application development methodologies, infrastructure and network architecture and cybersecurity
Prior experience working with developers in an in-and-out outsourced environment
Understanding of project management methods and processes (Waterfall, Agile), and capability of supporting all types of project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debtPhysical Requirements:
Systems Development Life Cycle
Architecture Design And Assessment Systems