Performs visual, mechanical and some electrical Inprocess and final inspection under general supervision. Assures compliance to company specifications.
1. Verify previous operations are performed and accepted. Compare work order/document package to the assembly for correct part number, drawing, revision, as-required approval(s), and Engineering Change Order(s).
2. Perform visual inspection of electrical assemblies, including circuit boards, solder joints, cables, transformers, to company and industry specifications and standards.
3. Check physical appearance of parts, sub-assemblies, and assemblies for adherence to established industry workmanship standards, such as damage, solder quality, component orientation, and wiring.
4. Perform assembly-related mechanical and dimensional inspection using scales, micrometer and calipers.
5. Perform / verify requirements as outlined in process specifications (for example, fluorescent light examination of conformal coating of circuit boards).
6. Support less experienced inspectors, by assisting with informal training that utilize/reference company and industry specifications and standards.
7. Review records for completeness, as required, including Work Orders, Engineering Changes, Manufacturing Process changes, Material Discrepancy Reports, Rework documentation, test data, etc.
8. Verify assembly work order test results for completeness and correctness to the test requirements and limits.
9. Perform assigned surveillance audits.
10. Perform surveillance/verification of assembly workmanship, equipment calibration, manufacturing process, and test process, and other related duties, as assigned.
11. Interface, as required, with internal counterparts, in Engineering, Production, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Contracts, and internal DCMA.
12. Inform the inspection lead and/or lead of production of any assembly problems, and generate a non-conformance document.
13. Verify and record configuration and present to Document Control and/or the Customer/ Government Representative (s).
Technical Functional skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must be able to interpret/ follow documents such as: Drawings, Procedures, Engineering Change (EOs) Work Orders and Work Instructions.
2. Ability to work with measurements and math.
3. Knowledgeable of assembly practices and requirements.
4. Interface, with Engineering, Production, Planning, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and internal DCMA.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School or GED. One-year certificate from college or technical school desired. Must have one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
ANSI/J-STD-001, IPC-A-610 latest revisions and ESD Electrostatic Discharge preferred
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Document Management Systems