JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and aircrews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
Provide senior level administrative and personnel security support to the unit manager and security staff.
• Performs the daily administrative tasks in support of the site security department.
• Communicates with the clearance granting agency regarding status of clearances and periodic re-investigations for employees/consultants.
• Obtains certification of existing clearance levels for employees/consultants and for prospective employees from appropriate customer/agency sponsor.
• Issues security badges to designated employees and visitors. Maintain logs and records of badges issued and related information.
• Schedules initial, periodic and exit briefings and notifies supervisor and employee of schedule.
• Oversees departmental coordination with employees/consultants for timely submittal of documents for initial clearances and periodic reinvestigations; fingerprint employees/consultants as required.
• Facilitates security briefings for individuals/groups as required.
• Provides work direction to lower level department clerical/administrative personnel.
• Performs other related tasks as directed.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
This position involves work typical of an office environment with no unusual hazards. There is occasional lifting (up to 20 pounds), constant sitting and use of a computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while writing, reviewing, and editing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for routine communications. Must maintain constant mental alertness. Routine travel to remote work locations may be required.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree or equivalent military or technical school and 5 years specifically related work experience in the personnel security field, complemented by formal training such as successful completion of the Industrial Security Management Course. Must be very knowledgeable with the rules and regulations of the NISPOM pertaining to all aspects of Personnel Security. Must have working knowledge of site-specific procedures and security requirements. The position requires a high degree of accuracy pertaining to all aspects of Personnel Security. Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Must be proficient operating personal computers using Microsoft Word, Excel, and graphics software, and possess database management experience. Familiar with a mainframe computer terminal, laminating machine and professional instamatic camera. Must have and maintain a government security clearance and possess a current State issued driver's license. Must be a U.S. citizen. RANGE POSITION DESCRIPTION This requirement includes support in the ongoing development and implementation of general and program specific COMSEC security processes and procedures to include the advisement, planning, implementation, oversight, monitoring, analysis, reporting and assistance in the execution of security operations for multi-service COMSEC support and duties relating to the day to day support of Special Access Programs (SAPs) and associated Facilities (SAPFs) at the Operation Test location for the 412th Flight Test Squadron. Candidates with certification under the Security Personnel Education and Development program will receive first consideration. May be required to work 2nd shift and some weekends. Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
• Providing a focal point for COMSEC requirements as needed for systems, including daily key management for all Services supported.
• Provide support for annual and monthly rekeying of classified systems, secure telephone equipment (STE), and all Air Vehicle systems.
• Provide support for periodic COMSEC inspections including the semi-annual base COMSEC inspection and insurance that the all services are compliant with all COMSEC regulations.
• Provide appropriate COMSEC clearances, briefings, and training as needed for the function and to receive associated keying material.
• Providing communication system support during the nominal 412th Test Wing Extended Range Day, with support required on infrequent additional weekends based on mission requirements. DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of persons so classified. A1412TW Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Communications Security
- Computer Terminals
- Graphics Software