To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1210 San Mateo Avenue
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
District General Manager, Operations (Trade Show & Events)-South San Francisco
CORT • South San Francisco, CA
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CORT, a Berkshire Hathaway Company, is the nation’s leading provider of transition services, including furniture rental for home and office, event furnishings, destination services, apartment locating, touring and other services. CORT Trade Show & Event Furnishings is the leading nationwide provider of rental furnishings for the exhibit and events industry. From high-profile special events to corporate meetings to weddings, CORT provides the rental furnishings that make exhibitions and events possible. CORT also provides rental furniture to the majority of trade shows and conferences in the nation, including shows and events in Canada. For more information on CORT Trade Show & Event Furnishings, visit www.CORTevents.com.
Plans, directs and leads the profitable growth of the district operation. Manages and/or coordinates all district operating functions, general administration, inventory management, warehouse management, delivery operations, district customer service, relationship
building with major customers, safety culture, and rental sales. Works with the outside sales organization to drive profitable revenue.
- Develops, recommends and implements policies for the overall district including operating plans and budgets in conformance with Group Office and Company policies and practices.
- Directs administrative operations and sound marketing, merchandising, and sales plans.
- Collaborates with the Regional Sales Managers, and operations to coordinate, plan and optimize the sales activities.
- Directs inventory management efforts, controls, warehousing, and delivery operations.
- Directs staffing, employee development, progressive discipline, salary administration, time and attendance management, evaluations, and benefit administration.
- Ensures employee compliance with established security, sales, and recordkeeping procedures and practices.
- Directs the processes involved in business organizational planning, coordination, and execution
- Determines how monies will be spent to get work done.
- Represents the Company to local contractors, establishes relationships with contractor management and attend move ins for large tradeshows.
- Assures OSHA and DOT regulation compliance.
- 4 year college degree with 6 + years work experience.
- 10 years related work experience without degree.
- Management experience with demonstrated ability to develop employees and maintain effectiveness with peers.
- Excellent communication skills, reasoning skills, computer proficiency, account development skills, and management skills.
- P&L experience.
- Ability to build relationships with external and internal customers.
- Ability to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Must have valid state driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently.
- Must regularly talk or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle. Occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally lift ten lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
As part of a national company, CORT Furniture Rental offers opportunities for career development, professional growth, a competitive salaries with position-specific incentive or commission plans, a comprehensive benefit plan, 401(k) and Profit Sharing, educational expense reimbursement and employee discounts.
CORT conducts drug screening, background checks and MVR checks (if applicable) as a condition of employment. CORT also participates in the E-Verify program.
For more information on CORT Business Services, please visit our website at www.CORT.com.
CORT, a Berkshire Hathaway Company, is the nation’s leading provider of transition services, including furniture rental for home and office, event and trade show furnishings, destination services, apartment locating, touring and other services. CORT Events is the leading nationwide provider of rental furnishings for the exhibit and events industry. From high-profile special events and trade shows, to corporate meetings and weddings, CORT provides the rental furnishings that make exhibitions and events possible. For more information on CORT Events, visit www.CORTevents.com.