To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Duluth, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Material Handler - Fabrication - 2nd Shift
Altec Industries , Inc. • Duluth, MN
Posted 1 month ago
Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work "Safer and Smarter." Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec's values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS TO ACCOMPLISH POSITION REQUIREMENTS, INCLUDING INFREQUENT AND EMERGENCY TASKS:
- Operates industrial truck to assist workers in other departments to move material as needed.
- Must be able to list 35-60 pounds multiple times per shift.
- Ship and receive all freight delivered from local vendors, UPS or motor freight.
- Identify purchase orders to each part received.
- Store parts in appropriate bins or distribute to the appropriate job in the assembly process.
- Record receiving report of stock parts.
- Non-stock items: items are stored in appropriate bin or distributed to the appropriate job in the assembly process.
- Enter computer data of incoming/outgoing freight to charge to correct work order accounts and maintain current inventory statistics.
- Receive in house purchase orders from manufacturing department for parts associates with work orders or stocking.
- Receives freight, expedites related paperwork to verify correct shop order number; then marks said numbers on each piece of freight received. Unloads all small parts with industrial truck.
- Operates industrial truck to unload/load freight received via motor transportation.
- Types return goods authorization form to forward back to the vendor and company purchasing department.
- Unload steel trucks by using overhead crane and/or forklift and distribute to appropriate area.
- Load steel plates onto plate rack for laser using forklift.
- Prepare parts for shipping by picking them from shelves and putting them in boxes or securing them for shipment.
- Check in truck chassis.
- Follows all established safety policies and practices.
- High school or GED required.
- Work related experience required.
- Forklift experience preferred.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.