To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Supply Chain Supervisor
X-Ray Optical Systems (XOS) • US-Nationwide
Posted 1 month ago
The position of supply chain supervisor will be responsible for leading the team to satisfy customer on-time delivery expectations, inventory requirements and production capacity. This individual will be expected to act as a player/coach in that he/she will be responsible for managing a team as well as contributing as an individual to drive supply chain excellence.
• Forecast demand and plan needed purchases using input from Production and Sales.
• Own vendor management process to improve quality, on time delivery, and cost of goods
• Manage purchasing, planning and material handling functions. Work closely with team members to improve overall team performance and provide growth and development opportunities
• Will actively pursue new vendors to mitigate single source risk and improve cost of goods (PPV)
• Develop, Coach, and train direct reports
• Work closely with engineering to source new product launches within budget, on time for product launch and with vendors who can hit quality thresholds set forth in engineering specification
• Familiarity or eagerness to learn just in time manufacturing processes, which include extensive use of Kanban and VMI (vendor managed inventory)
• Ensure Kanban or parts in cell are sized correctly to increase inventory turns, while avoiding stock outs
• Drive PPV. Improve total cost of goods through negotiations with existing suppliers and finding new vendors
• Own vendor qualification and scorecard process to mitigate supplier risk
• Work hand in hand with engineering and suppliers to execute VAVE
• Experience with driving PPAP programs. Goals of which are to ensure quality of components and manufacturability
• Experience for inventory control and year over year improvement in inventory turns
• Strong focus on DBS and continuous improvement with an emphasis
X-Ray Optical Systems (XOS) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Critical Success Factors:
• Good negotiation skills and working knowledge of key suppliers
• Ability to manage multiple suppliers, contracts negotiation and build relationship both internally and externally to drive supply chain excellence
• Ability to drive process rigor, accountability and execution
• The capacity to plan, organize, and complete projects on time
• Ability to lead a team and drive development of team members and continuous improvement across all areas of responsibility
• 5 Years minimum Planning or Accounting experience (Purchasing, Materials Management, FP&A, or Supply Chain).
• ERP Experience
• Purchasing experience driving PPV/VAVE
• Strong analytical skills, including high degree of skill utilizing Microsoft Excel
• Kanban/Just in Time Management Experience
• APICS or ISM certification desired, or equivalent Danaher-specific experience
• Lean/Six Sigma Experience
• Supplier negotiation and management
• Bachelor of Science degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or related discipline required.
• 20% of the time, visiting suppliers.
Danaher Corporation Overview