Financial Services Cashier
About the Company and Opportunity:
• Large non-profit located in central Houston
• Has been in business for over 60 years
• Meets the changing needs of the community and society
• Very diverse atmosphere
• Counsel students and or parents concerning available payment options on account balance after financial aid award.
• Alert financial aid advisors when errors or discrepancies are discovered on student accounts.
• Approve or disapprove students walk in transcripts or verifications.
• Receive payments on student accounts and process daily reports.
• Answering questions and giving estimates regarding cost of attendance.
• Make outbound collection calls on delinquent student accounts.
• Answer questions regarding student accounts.
• Other duties as assigned by Director of Student Financial Services.
Preferred Qualifications for the Cashier:
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Some college hours preferred.
• Bilingual (Spanish speaking) preferred.
• College or university experiences a plus.