Senior User Experience (UX) Researcher - Dublin (Hybrid)
Optum is looking for an energetic, creative and technically savy Senior User Experience Researcher to work within our User Experience Design Studio team!
A UX Researcher is passionate about creating great experiences within health care. Their goal is to understand our users and business needs, and collaborate with the product team to help create a great product experience for our users.
The Senior User Experience Researcher will work within a collaborative, cross-functional project team to research user needs, test concepts and measure the product experience and performance of designs and applications. They will partner with UX designers, researchers, developers and UX managers to plan and conduct research; collecting, analyzing and reporting data to stakeholders and clients throughout the design and development process.
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individual who live and work in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our Dublin office and telecommuting from a home-based office in a hybrid work model.
- Advocate for user-centered research and design principles.
- Gather insights and test concepts with users in order to inform design decisions
- Work on one or more projects while meeting UX, technical and business requirements.
- Partner with team to create a research plan aligned with business goals within scope of the product roadmap and other constraints
- Design and conduct a range of iterative research applicable to all product stages from conception to release, including but not limited to interviews, ideation sessions, moderated and unmoderated usability tests, surveys, and field research with an emphasis on “lean” UX methods.
- Collect, analyze and report data, insights and recommendations gathered from qualitative and quantitative research methods including usability testing, contextual inquiry, surveys, interviews, key-stroke level modeling (KLM), heuristic evaluations, and card sorts.
- Develop user personas or profiles for targeted user groups and audiences.
- Proven UX experience
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, Information Architecture, Communications, Computer Science, a related discipline, OR two years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated understanding user-centered design and research activities.
- Ability to manage time and deadlines effectively.
- Eager to learn from engagement and team members.
- Portfolio of relevant user experience design and/or research project deliverables.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Practice selling ideas with good negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team and internal clients.
- Experience gathering user research and testing concepts with users to inform design decisions.
- Experience with conducting expert reviews and/or heuristic evaluations.
- Ability to work with designers and developers to implement new ideas.
- Communicate and evangelize research results to engineering and business teams
- Demonstrated understanding of UX metrics
- Experience with statistical analysis related to UX research (Sample sizes, confidence intervals, R, Python, SPSS, etc.)
- Experience working with Agile methodology.
- Master’s degree or higher in Design, HCI, Psychology, Information Architecture, or related discipline.
- Experience with enterprise software.
- Experience with medical or healthcare industries.
- Involvement in the UX community (e.g. UXPA, AIGA, IxDA, meet-ups, clubs, conferences).
- Knowledge of UX related analytics and metrics.
- Experience in practical application of accessibility standards and guidelines.
- Experience in group facilitation, user interviews, heuristic evaluations, task analysis, usability test moderation and card sorting.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts clearly and persuasively across diverse audiences at various levels of our organization.
- Eye-tracking experience
- Experience with CogTool
- Experience with tools such as UserZoom, UserTesting.com, Optimal Workshop and other standard research tools
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
- Agile Methodology
- Business Requirements
- Confidence Intervals
- Contextual Inquiry