Responsible for managing the network, unified communication, server, storage or data center activities for the Enterprise. Accountable for systems selection and support of such systems to improve efficiencies. Develops departmental standards, procedures and program documentation. This role manages the enhancement and integration of infrastructure required to support the business portfolio or infrastructure platforms in terms of robustness, scalability, availability, efficiency while managing risk. Support initiatives that deliver workable end-to-end infrastructure solutions that are sustainable and supportable for the enterprise. Work closely with head of Technology Operations and Application Development management to design solutions that meet their need and insuring those solutions meet Operational and Architectural standards.
- Lead the team to increasing levels of capability, emphasizing both customer service and teamwork, and improve and maintain depth of leadership across the team.
- Provide project management, leadership, and relationship building within the Networking and Hosting groups.
- Utilize understanding of infrastructure design principles in reviewing custom solutions or modifying package solutions.
- Translates the impact of design on scalability, performance, operational effectiveness, etc. into the projects.
- Manage dependencies across functional areas.
- Set the direction of the IT Hosting and Network groups, leading and directing all services across the organization.
- Develop tactical technology and resource plans
- Design and implement technology solutions; manage technology obsolescence.
- Manage vendor relationships and contracts; manage and source professional services and outsourced solutions.
- Consult with management to analyze computer system needs for management information and functional operations, to determine scope and priorities of projects, and to discuss system capacity and equipment acquisitions.
- Review reports of computer and peripheral equipment production, malfunction, and maintenance in order to determine costs and impact, and address problems.
- Assist in development and management of the IT Infrastructure Budget.
- Review and maintain monitoring solutions for all infrastructure environments.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Business is highly desired.
- A graduate degree in a related field is a plus.
- Qualified candidate will have 5 years experience in architecture, systems integration and infrastructure design including 2 years of progressive management experience.
- Experience creating scalable, real-time, redundant platforms and operating environments
- Ability to quickly recognize solutions to arising issues
- Ability to meet SLA's and develop metrics that ensure that SLAs are met
- Ability to identify and leverage department resources to accomplish goals
- Ability to be a team player with strong influence, leadership, and collaborative skills
- Strong planning and teambuilding skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; articulate communicator with strong analytical and negotiating skills.
- Ability to build and sustain collaborative relationships with executive management and multiple constituencies.
- Ability to articulate technical terminology into terms understandable to diverse groups of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Evidence an understanding of a systems perspective and the interdependence of one unit upon another, and how a change in any one part affects all others.
- Excellent communication and financial skills are necessary for performing cost analysis and justification of new technologies
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
- Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
- Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.