Executive Director - Esoteric
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company, traded on the New York Stock Exchange and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2017 revenues of $7.7 Billion, and approximately 42,000 employees and 2,100 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers, and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions.
Quest Diagnostics Healthcare IT solutions connect over 165,000 physicians. Approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and improve their business performance.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes Global 2000
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
Diagnostic Testing Services:
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
The Executive Director is responsible for ensuring the overall success of the Esoteric Operations as measured by growth and healthy Operating Margin.
This position has oversight to Supply Chain & Asset Management, Database, Employee Health & Safety, Q2 Solutions Coordination, Customer Operations, Specimen Management, and Technical Lab Standardization, and supports integration efforts.
• Supports and drives the standardization initiatives deployed by Quest Diagnostics functional leadership and collaborates with peers at Corporate and within other lines of business
• Creates alignment across the esoteric testing sites and helps drive operations to achieve budget results, cost containment efforts, etc.
• Continuous interaction with Lab Operations, Finance, QMS, and Medical Quality
• Must be process drive, providing a clearly articulated set of objectives, process and organization to team when projects are undertaken. Is accountable for meeting outcomes and timeline commitments on behalf of the business
• Oversee the pilot and roll-out phases of national initiatives and multi-generational projects
• Achieve ROI, achieve project metrics and milestones, and maintain control
• Participates as a member of the Esoteric Senior Leadership Team
• Advise and communicate all pertinent business and operational information to the GM, VP of Esoteric
• Make necessary recommendations to the Esoteric Senior Leadership Team and the GM, VP of Esoteric
• Identify and drive best practices in revenue and operational growth for Esoteric Operations
• Drive specialized Customer Service for health systems
• Demonstrate interpersonal, tactical, and strategic thinking leadership skills
• Appropriately challenge existing paradigms. Drive the Esoteric Laboratories to the next level. Continually raise the bar
Incumbent should possess the knowledge, skills and experience usually obtained by:
• Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in operations or manufacturing, with a minimum of 10 years in a leader’s capacity.
• Prior experience in a lab environment required
• Managing a sizeable lab(s) or location that supported multiple sites or sites who support R&D required
• BA or BS is required; an advanced degree is preferred
• Ability to manage people and processes remotely
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal are essential
• Excellent and proven leadership skills
• Knowledge of pertinent regulatory requirements
• Business Acumen
• Decision Quality
• Intellectual Horsepower
• Problem Solving
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Strategic Agility
• Priority Setting
• Timely Decision Making
• Developing Direct Reports
• Command Skills
• Managerial Courage
• Action Oriented
• Drive for Results
• Presentation Skills
• Written Communication
• Customer Focus
• Motivating Others
• Building Effective Teams
• Managing Vision and Purpose
• Ethics and Values
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting URL blocked - click to apply, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates to be interviewed.
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner – Executive Recruitment
Quest Diagnostics, Inc.
Office: (614) 519-5015
URL blocked - click to apply Ellie Gardner
Senior Executive Search Consultant Quest Diagnostics, Inc.
Office: (949) 637-3119
Email blocked - click to apply