To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Anchorage, AK
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Alaska – IT Solutions Analyst
ConocoPhillips • Anchorage, AK
Posted 1 month ago
Employees across the globe focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
ConocoPhillips Alaska and its heritage companies have more than 50 years of business history in Alaska. As Alaska's largest oil and gas producer, the company produced an average 182 thousand barrels of oil and 9 million cubic feet of gas per day. ConocoPhillips, with about 1,100 Alaska employees, holds major ownership interests in the Prudhoe Bay Unit, the Kuparuk River Unit, and the Colville River Unit (Alpine). ConocoPhillips operates the Kuparuk and Alpine oil fields, has an ownership interest in the Trans Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS) and owns/operates the Polar Tankers fleet.
Seeking a motivated, ambitious candidate who enjoys working directly with clients and/or management to identify business requirements, provide solution alternatives and utilize their technical knowledge to design and build solutions. This is a hands-on technical application support and development role. This candidate needs to have a validated background in application life-cycle management, hands-on technical aptitude including application development, and the ability to clearly articulate and communicate benefits and risks of solutions provided.
The successful candidate will join a team comprised of highly talented, diverse individuals who will provide mentorship as the candidate becomes more acquainted with the clients and existing processes/tools. The expectation is for the candidate to get up to speed quickly to begin making an impact as soon as possible and that they will be in the role for 3 years.
Key success factors may include:
- Utilizing technical expertise to provide end-to-end experience for clients
- Ability to successfully integrate into a team environment as a validated teammate
- Self-motivated and seeks new, innovative opportunities and ideas
- Adapting quickly to re-prioritized work queues
- Working several priority initiatives in parallel
- Ability to dig deep into troubleshooting technical application or data issues where they may be little to no existing team expertise
Responsibilities may include:
- Lead/Participate in the full application lifecycle for custom applications that meet business needs
- Collaborate closely with business customers/subject matter expert, and local and Corporate IT to design, develop and support applications
- Serve as a business analyst through gathering, documenting and understanding business requirements and translation of those requirements to technical requirements
- Participate in planning and projects for application deployment
- Provide timely estimates of the effort required to complete tasks/projects
- Recommend and implement IT solutions to meet business requirements, improve business process performance, lower total cost of ownership with consideration of COP technology strategy and standards
- Partner with other IT organizations to deliver innovative solutions to the business
- Provide technical consulting and guidance to development teams for design and development
- Design, develop and support complex and quality custom applications, scripts or interfaces using technologies such as .NET, Python, Mendix, UiPath RPA
- Produce code, scripts and configurations necessary to fulfill the design requirements
- Provide technical support and diagnosis of application, server, database and cloud/web services
- Troubleshoot, debug and resolve client reported issues including identifying defect root causes
- Carry out all ConocoPhillips established programming, documentation, change management, project procedures and all corporate policies
- Utilize knowledge of business and technical dependencies to ensure application maintenance and support follows established IT policies and procedures
- Prepare and maintain documents, flow charts and diagrams as needed to describe the program’s intended functionality, data flow, logic used, and any significant considerations made
- Build and update documentation for ongoing support of vended and developed applications
- Use prototyping and demonstrations throughout the development cycle to ensure that functional requirements and usability factors are being satisfied
- Generate and document test cases that verify that all requirements have been fulfilled
- Work with other developers to design, develop and test your code and the applications
- Lead the support and maintenance of assigned applications to ensure a high-level of quality, efficiency and sustainability
- Provide day-to-day application support for incidents; participate on a support rotation providing support for critical production issues
- Monitor and prioritize response to application related service tickets
- Partner with Windows Server, Production Control, Database Services, Web Services, Packaging, Storage Management, Disaster Recovery, ServiceDesk, Mobility, GIPA, and other IT teams as part of ongoing operations
- Provide timely two-way communication between the customer, team, and others both inside and outside the company
- Research and implement tools and processes that improve and streamline software development and application support
- Research, learn and recommend new technologies as they become available such as AI, ML, Robotics Automation Processing (RPA), PaaS Cloud application development, etc.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, or related field
- 3 years of experience in application support on Windows servers
- 3 years experience in the Oil & Gas Industry supporting Operations, Engineering, Production Optimization (Gas Lift, etc) or Asset and Operating Integrity applications
- 1 years of data analysis or business analytics
- 1 years of application development (C#, VB .NET, etc.) experience
- Intermediate SQL query writing and performance tuning expertise
- Intermediate scripting experience
- Intermediate Oracle, SQL Server or Teradata relational database expertise
- Intermediate knowledge of IT and information systems implementation concepts, with an awareness of the full application management lifecycle
- 3 years hands-on experience using object-oriented programming languages and scripting (Java, Python, VB .NET, PL/SQL, Perl, C#, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft TFS 2012 or newer
- Experience with UNIX, LINUX and Windows based systems
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM Principles
- Experience with Informatica and ServiceNow
- Experience with Mobile off-line application development in Microsoft Dynamics or Mendix
- Experience with VisiumKMS, AssetWorks, LabVantage, Meridium, PCMS, PS-PPM
- Experience with development of Reports & Dashboards using Crystal, Spotfire or Power BI
- Excellent mathematical formulation and analytical skills: process mapping, complex problem solving, ability to evaluate and decipher complex requirements and formulas
- Experience applying petroleum engineering principles and practices to code development Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and handle challenging priorities
- Intermediate analytical and problem-solving skills – capable of researching unstructured business problems, identifying key people, defining critical business requirements and needs, defining solutions reflecting both information systems and human factor requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including documentation
- Sees the “big picture” and purposefully looks for innovative opportunities within IT and the business
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by courageously dealing with important problems, holding others accountable, and standing up for what is right
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of May 31, 2019.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.