Company Job Title:
Jr. Information Assurance Security Specialist
St. Louis, MO
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The Jr. InformationAssurance Security Specialist will performwork that applies a broad theoretical and practical knowledge of InformationAssurance Security to the program in St. Louis, MO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and provide support to enterprise Cyber Security Engineering requirements
- Apply Cyber Security Engineering and Network Security Engineering expertise to optimize NGA's enterprise protection posture
- Recommend and participate in activities that prevent repeated vulnerability assessment findings
- Provide and participate in A&A support for projects and technical exchange meetings
- Contribute to contract deliverables for this WBS element
- Support disparate Network Security appliances and vendors (IDS/IPS, Web Gateways, Email Gateways, etc.)
- Otherduties as assigned
MinimumQualifications: (Toperform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's degree (in Engineering, Computer Science or related field) or equivalent
- 3 years of IT experience
- Experience with:
- A&A support for projects and technical exchange meetings
- Developing and maintaining enterprise Cyber Security Engineering requirements
- IAM II 8570 compliance with a CASP or CISSP (or CISSP Associate) required.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
Knowledge, Skillsand Abilities:
- Linux/PowerShell/scripting experience desirable, but not required
- Ability to work independently and yet be effective within a team setting
- Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time-related constraints in a fast-paced contracting environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office applications
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, and experience working in a home office setting as well as the ability to train end-users on frequently asked technical issues.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience strongly desired.
- Good problem-solving skills; ability to visualize aproblem/situation and think abstractly to solve it
Physical Demands:(The physical demands describedhere are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfullyperform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may bemade to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions.)
- While performing the duties of thisJob, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employeeis frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reachwith hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb orbalance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally liftand/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this jobinclude close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environmentcharacteristics described here are representative of those an employeeencounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work ina temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure toelectronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas ofoperations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborneparticles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
ChenegaCorporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Nativepreference under PL 93-638.
Weparticipate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Complex Problem Solving