Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape, empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our team.
The Universal Banker - Travel is responsible for serving as a consultant to customers by conducting customer financial profiles, identifying customer needs, cross-selling, and up-selling opportunities. The position seeks to attract, expand, and retain customer relationships and is responsible for contributing to the financial growth of multiple banking centers. To support customer and team needs across the retail area, this position serves as both a Teller and Personal Banker that floats between banking centers. The position demonstrates the Ameris Approach and aligns with the Bank’s Mission, Vision, Purpose, Experience Expectations, and Values.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Strictly adheres to Bank Secrecy Act requirements and applies organizational policies and procedures in all activities
- Responsible for the financial growth of the banking center through establishing, expanding, and retaining high-value consumer and business client relationships across multiple banking centers.
- Proactively communicates with current and prospective clients to educate, ensure understanding, resolve issues, develop, and maintain customer loyalty and solicit customer feedback to improve bank performance
- Applies need-based sales techniques and conducts customer financial profiles to attract, expand, and retain client relationships by identifying products and services
- Maintains knowledge of banking products and promotions
- Opens new accounts and services existing accounts
- Accountable for achievement of defined sales and service goals
- Responsible for making recommendations to supervisors concerning the budgetary needs of the branch and methods to improve the client’s experience
- Works to understand the root causes of customer service issues
- Identifies and implements resolutions for service issues involving supervisors on more complex issues
- Conducts onboarding activities for new clients
- Provide backup support to other branches as needed
- Works on the teller line when needed
- May provide assistance and training to other colleagues and serve as a mentor
- May perform all sales and service functions of the branch as needed
- Practices ethical sales behaviors in accordance with the Bank’s Core Values of Integrity and Honesty
- Always acts in the best interest of the customer when offering additional products and services
- Ability to work with flexible schedule, Saturdays, and to accommodate travel to different branches as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Highly motivated team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships
- Able to effectively and persuasively express self, using language and grammar in a professional manner
- Able to plan, maintain, and organize a professional schedule to achieve strategic performance objectives within or ahead of established time frames
- Able to research, analyze, identify viable options, draw sound conclusions, present findings, and make thoughtful recommendations considering
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service excellence and the ability to meet or exceed sales and service objectives
Industry and Work Experience:
- 2 or more years of retail banking experience
- Cash handling experience preferred
- Intermediate PC proficiency
- Intermediate proficiency in Google Docs and Microsoft Office products
- High school diploma or GED required.
Travel is required.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Coaching And Mentoring