Senior Application Support Engineer to administer and maintain the underlying application and database infrastructure. Our DevOps team is responsible for building infrastructure tools, automating the system/application deployment pipeline, and working with development teams to identify and remediate pre/production issues. This is a great opportunity to take a prominent role in a small company that will likely lead to a lot of growth for the right candidate.
• Engage with the product at every stage, from design, through testing and then into production and support.
• Support the business in delivering a world-class customer experience to our partners around the world by ensuring maximum operability of our systems.
• Uptime, response time and customer responsiveness are paramount.
On any given day, a non-exhaustive sample of what you might do could be:
• Set-up application alerts & put additional monitors in place for the application (not network or database alerts/monitoring – application specific)
• Look at alerts & dive into the application and troubleshoot issues to pinpoint if it’s a database problem, networking problem, etc.
• Test application to ensure it is functional and troubleshooting production impacting issues
• Troubleshoot pre-production environment / application issues
• Build and maintain a catalog of all production related defects / bugs / enhancements
• Work with ETL data, and design imports and exports
• Create and/or modify procedures and system processes
• Gather business requirements for internal projects and/or customer needs
• Document key IT system processes and procedures for future reference and general knowledge
• Work with the development team on user stories, including acceptance testing
• Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related field or the foreign equivalent, and 5 years of progressively responsible post-baccalaureate relevant work experience.
• 5+ years of experience managing a production Windows and Linux environment
• 3+ years of heavy scripting (Powershell or PHP), and/or application development in .NET
• Solid understanding of relational database concepts and 2+ years experience with Microsoft SQL Server
• Experience operating in a 24/7 on-call support role focused on maintaining high system availability
• Experience in resolving day-to-day support issues, ensuring effective and timely resolution of issues in production environment, troubleshooting internal customer related issues, and managing customer relationships
• Experience with non-relational databases and key-value stores (MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, Riak, Redis, Memcached) is preferable
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts and major protocols
• Strong understanding of tiered security concepts (network, OS, application)
• Experience with open-source monitoring solutions (Nagios, WhatsUp Gold, Dynatrace, Ganglia, Sensu, Graphite, Zenoss)
• Experience with Git and/or Subversion.
• Managing support incidents and providing analysis and statistics showing application health as well as support performance
• Support on-going development efforts by performing QA duties as required
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to meet strict deadlines within a very fluid work environment
Installations (Computer Systems)
Server Supported Gaming