The Registered Dental Hygienist directs oral hygiene care for KPDCP members including comprehensive prevention, maintenance, therapeutic dental treatment and/or restorative services. The RDH educates members of their oral status, motivating them to achieve and maintain optimum oral health.
Essential Functions:- Provide direct patient oral hygiene care for program members, including comprehensive prevention, maintenance, and/or therapeutic dental treatment restorative services.- Data collection and documentation pertaining to patients' oral health in compliance with policy and procedure.- Provide oral hygiene instruction and education.- Maintain a work area appropriate to a clinical environment in compliance with environmental health and safety standards.- Support other office functions during down time, ensuring a level of cooperation and positive work environment.- Performs other duties as requested.
• Graduation from an accredited dental hygiene program with a minimum of an associate's degree in applied science.
License, Certification, Registration
• Current Oregon OR Washington Dental Hygiene license in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required upon hire/transfer.
• National Provider Identifier (NPI) required prior to employment start date.
• Local anesthesia endorsement (Oregon Dental Hygiene license only - this endorsement is included in the Washington State Dental Hygiene license) required upon hire/transfer.
• Alloy polishing credentials.*
• Denture relines credentials.*
• Place and finish restoration credentials.*
• Nitrous oxide credentials and equipment knowledge.*
• * Required by state of Washington.
• X-ray equipment - Daily.
• Ultrasonic scalers - Daily for deposit removal.
• Handpieces - Daily for polishing teeth and fillings.
• One (1) year of clinical experience.
• Pit & fissure experience.
• Local anesthesia experience.
• Basic knowledge of sterilization and infection control equipment.
• Basic computer skills.
• Days/Times vary.
•Travel Valley River, Skyline, North Lancaster, Keizer Station dental offices.
TITLE: Dental Hygienist
LOCATION: Eugene, Oregon
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
- Basic Life Support
- Clinical Works
- Data Collection
- Infection Control
- Local Anesthesia