The Plant Accountant assists the Accounting Manager to ensure the Plant has appropriate processes in place to control costs and provide good, sound financial controls. Assistance related to financial controls to include monthly close process, goods received not billed control, self-audit questionnaire, cycle count process, purchasing policies and procedures, accurate capital forecasting and tracking purposes, raw materials inventory process, time and material projects. Work with the Accounting Manager and Plant staff to ensure financial reporting accuracy.
20-30% Support Accounting Manager goals and activities and Plant processes to reduce costs and improve profitability
- Participate in Safety and Housekeeping programs as required.
- Operations Involvement - Work to understand plant manufacturing process and quality variables that impact the manufacturing process.
- Complete variance analysis forecasting and actual performance reporting to Plant and corporate management.
- Work with department manager’s overhead spending control.
- Assist with business analysis projects.
20-30% Ensure accuracy, timeliness and quality of all financial information
- Complete month end closing and reporting
- Complete goods received not billed analysis and reporting
- Close receipts as needed in both Peoplesoft and Maximo
- Close Purchase Orders in Maximo
- Ensure GRNB balances to Ledger at month-end
- Prepare, track and review journal entries
- Complete account analysis and reconciliation during closing, as required
- Coordinate and/or review booking of monthly raw material physical count
- Provide Weekly/Monthly analysis of Material Usage and Purchase Price Variances
- Maintain bill of materials and routings
- Set up new products in Peoplesoft
- Process AP invoices in Carta for multiple locations
10% Maintain and close capital (AFCE) project files.
- Ensure compliance with Company policy regarding tracking, spending, accruing tax as needed, reclassifying freight to AFCE as required.
- Provide oversight of fixed asset physical inventories to ensure compliance with company policy. Review fixed asset records to validate accuracy of data.
5% Perform monthly, quarterly and annual audits on various procedures to ensure company and accounting policies are being followed
- Monthly Audits Include:
- BOL Audit
- Duplicate receipt Accrual
- Quarterly Audits include:
- Bid Waiver/3 Bud tracking
- Safety Training Log
- PO After Invoice Audit (Peoplesoft and Maximo)
- Yearly Audits Include:
- Self-Audit Questionnaire
- Annual Follow Up and response to previous Internal Audit finding
10% Assist with quarterly physical inventory process and control.
- Perform and/or audit cycle count for finished goods and raw materials throughout the year. Production reporting balancing, auditing and verification.
- Inter-company shipments and transfer activity auditing and review, as applicable.
- Assist with SMOOSI management throughout the year.
15% Provide support and assistance with annual business plan process.
- Analyze current BOM based on current year material usage
- Assist the Accounting Manager and Plant staff to meet plan timetable.
- Analyze accounts and prepare schedules as requested.
10% Perform other duties as assigned.
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES
Level Based Competencies are to be designated based on job level and content.
- Attention to Detail
- Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills
- Stress Tolerance
- Decision Making
Technical knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as Google
- Familiar with standard Accounting concepts, practices and procedures
General knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to drive and influence operations
- Intermediate time management skills
- Intermediate organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multiple task
- Familiar with manufacturing concepts, practices, and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2 - 4+ years experience, preferably in an Accounting/Finance environment
- Manufacturing/Cost accounting experience is preferred
- CPA, MBA, CMA preferred but not required
Standard Accounting Practices