To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY 10018
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Desktop Technician
Kforce Technology • New York, NY
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce is working with a well-known financial services firm located in New York, New York (NY) to find a Senior Desktop Technician.
The Senior Desktop Technician's role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level. The Senior Helpdesk Technician's role also includes giving guidance to junior level staff and helps grow their technical capabilities.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner
- Document in our ticketing system all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue
- Prioritize and schedule problems; Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution within our ticketing system and where appropriate our knowledgebase system
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Follow all check lists for installation of hardware and software
- Contribute new checklists where applicable
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests
- Image, install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair Windows-based desktops and laptops
- Install, configure, and maintain corporate software applications
- Strong experience supporting Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of Audio/Visual equipment
- Proficient in troubleshooting a Windows based PC running Windows 10
- Strong ability diagnosing and resolving hardware and software issues in a Microsoft Windows Domain networked environment
- Familiarity with accounting technologies including software from the following vendors, CCH, Thomson Reuters, Intuit
- Good communication/excellent customer service skills
- Basic networking skills and a familiarity with TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Ping, etc.
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.