Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we’re committed to more – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
Identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations. Develop acceptance tests and inspection criteria. Develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that affect plant operations. Provide technical support to production, maintenance management and technical personnel. Provide analysis and reports to production management to eliminate issues
- Responsible for the assembly, installation and maintenance of new or existing equipment machinery, components or applications.
- Provide thermography, ultrasound, and vibration analysis as required.
- Under direction of electrical staff provides quality-control inspections to ensure proper electrical processes.
- Records test data and ensure that failures are properly documented.
- May prepare technical drawing/ reports or other software systems in the design or modification of reliability applications.
- May work with outside providers on the proper repair or scheduled maintenance of company equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance schedules, diagnosing and fixing faults in equipment and machinery as assigned.
- Analyses on engines and gear components, manufacturing equipment, conveyor or packing equipment as well as robotic machinery as directed.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
- Certification/diploma in thermography, vibration analysis, ultrasound from accredited school is preferable. Technical certification preferred, in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and experience to perform the essential functions of the job
- One or more year’s recent experience in repairing, maintaining and installing machinery, systems or application.
- Good communications skills – oral and written. Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and publications. Ability to follow repair instructions.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office, CAD and other systems. In-depth knowledge of applicable building electrical, plumbing, HVAC system, boilers, generators, etc. and proficient using all applicable tools and equipment.
- Experience operating a forklift may be required
- Possess a technical aptitude to read and understand technical documents and instructions such as blue prints, for installations, troubleshooting and repair
- Reads and writes in Standard English and proficient in performing basic math calculations such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in all units of measure, including fractions and decimals.
- Successful completion of all training and ability to operate and performs preventative maintenance on assigned department equipment, machinery, tools, etc.
- Successful completion of all required health and environmental safety training.
- May be required to use PC and other department specific database systems
- Ability to communicate to convey information clearly and concisely; to understand and follow verbal or written instructions and to keep simple records and make reports
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with internal and external customer and to build effective working relationship with diverse work groups.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends and to be reached by phone, 7days/week, 24 hours/day
- Ability to travel out of town at defined intervals
- Ability to maintain an acceptable level of attendance in accordance with company and department guidelines
- Ability to performs specific duties with instructions but without direct supervision
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.