1. Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods and maintains necessary documentation.
2. Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
3. Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
4. Drives equipment design efforts, repair projects, and capital project justifications.
5. Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts.
6. Estimates production times and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
7. Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
8. Work with operations/EHS team on hazard assessments, guarding, JSA’s as required.
9. Any other duties assigned by manager.
Relationships and Contacts
1. Reports directly to VP – Operations, Transit Packaging
2. Has dotted-line reporting relationships to ITP Director Sales.
1. Works closely with Manufacturing, Sales and Maintenance leaders.
External Business Relationships
1.Works closely with outside vendors, equipment vendors, customers, etc….as necessary.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university is preferred, preferably in mechanical engineering and industrial engineering; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Operational understanding of AutoCAD and/or similar systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO requirements, machine controls and facility maintenance management programs are preferred.
- Experience in Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing is desired.
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage xPO is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.