Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Support Services Specialist in Omaha, Nebraska. The primary purpose of this job is to process incoming mail to electronic mail, conduct mail runs throughout the service center, process FedEx/UPS deliveries and shipments. The incumbent will provide assistance with the Kana document attachment processing and Fax queue processing. Prepare monthly mail processing reports. Responsibilities
Inbound Mail Processing
- Pick-up, Sort, Open and process inbound US Postal Service Mail and packages
- Visually Scan all mail for Suspicious mail items and handle according to procedures
- Verify the receipt of letters and packages delivered by FedEx, UPS and other Couriers using handheld scanning devise
- Visually inspect all packages for damage and report all discrepancies immediately to management
- Review a wide range of physical and electronic documents, properly route and follow document management policy and procedure to ensure retention
- Sort and prepare documents for scanning
- Scan documents using a Kodak scanner
- Route inbound Faxes using computer-based program
Outbound Mail Processing
- Possess a working knowledge and Remains current on US Postal Rates and processing Regulations/Requirements
- Process outbound mail using Postage Metering System (Quadient)
- Process outbound FedEx Packages using FedEx shipping program
- Maintain a working knowledge and Remains current on FedEx rates and processing Regulations/Requirements
- Visually inspect all outbound mail to ensure proper postage and envelope sealing
- Process requests for supplies received via email from the Branch Offices for Brochures, Forms, Envelopes, etc.; and prepare items for shipping domestic and international.
- Submit orders to replenish supplies as needed
- Conduct Mail Runs throughout the Service Center, Routing Documents and Faxes to the correct department
- Performs routine Operator Maintenance on unit’s equipment, including but not limited to, cleaning, lubrication and identification of parts in need of replacement
- Places Service Calls to the appropriate vendor on Equipment in need of repair and maintains a service log
- Suggest changes in Forms and Form Letters to the manger
- Prepare Monthly Mail Processing Reports on Inbound/Outbound and Electronic Mail
- Cross-train and Assist in other Positions/Functions as required
- High School Diploma or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- Minimum of one (1) year of related work experience is required.
- Excellent Communication both written and oral
- Advance computer skills.
- Ability to learn new computer programs and become proficient them in a short period of time.
- Advance working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, and Visio.
- Working knowledge of document scanning equipment (Kodak, Opex).
- Knowledge of financial institution structure, products, policies and procedures preferred.
- Ability to stand for extended period
- Ability to drive (Valid Driver’s License)
- Ability to lift boxes up to 50lbs
- Ability to use a hand truck/cart for the movement of items
This role will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing. About Us
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at