The Accountant is responsible for accurate and efficient processing of the company’s financial activities.
Supports the Accounting Manager by assisting with corporate financial activities and projects as directed. Meets specified accounting department objectives including but not limited to:
- Preparing and entering journal entries as well as reconcile the respective general ledger accounts
- Recording transactions in foreign currencies and calculating exchange gain/loss
- Ability to perform advanced financial and variance analysis in order to respond to management questions during month end close
- Calculate and record accruals/prepayments
- Respond to international information and reporting from our offices worldwide.
- Create detailed spreadsheets to convey financial information, write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Assist with month-end close tasks
Possess a working knowledge of company policies, procedures, and systems. Expands knowledge of accounting processes utilizing all available sources.
Team player/leader. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with staff, vendors, and other business contacts. Timely response to requests or issues; provides complete information and/or resolution in an expeditious manner.
Arrives on time and works hours needed to fulfill assigned responsibilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with minimum 2 years of general accounting experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Adapting to Change
Planning & Organizing
Policies, Processes & Procedures
Teamwork & Collaboration
CPA license a plus.
PC experience in a Microsoft Windows environment with an advanced knowledge of Excel and
Ability to set and track goals.
Must be ethical.
Detailed and thorough in work habits with multi tasking ability.
Ability and desire to follow precise instructions.
Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Exhibits strong analytical, problem solving, negotiation, organizational and teaching skills.
Ability and/or experience to read, analyze and interpret government rules and regulations, technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
Ability and/or experience to write reports, business correspondence, articles and presentations.
Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication and telephone etiquette. Able to communicate with people at all levels.
Available to work early, late, and weekends when needed to fulfill assigned responsibilities.