To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kankakee, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Riverside Medical Center • Kankakee, IL
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Assisted Living & Memory Care Lifestyle Care Coordinator (LPNs) are responsible for assessing the needs of each resident on a shift to shift basis. Will administer required medication accurately and timely. Facilitate communication as necessary with residents physician and the pharmacy. Responsible for accurate documentation of all activities within the scope of nursing. The LPN will assume responsibility on an as needed basis overseeing the CNAs and clinical programs in the absence of the RN.
- Graduate of an approved school of licensed practical nursing required
- Demonstrated leadership experience and skills
- Experience working with senior population and memory related disorders
License or Certification Requirements:
- Current Illinois licensure as Licensed Practical Nurse
- Current CPR certificate
- Actively participates in department, campus, and corporation meetings along with employee opinion survey.
- Provides communication and feedback with development, implementation and evaluation of delivery of care, and RMC healthcare initiatives.
- Administers medications, treatments, and various procedures as ordered by a physician in a timely and safe manner.
- Assumes responsibility for obtaining continuing education related to the care of the geriatric standards of care, according to federal, state and local regulations.
- Evaluates all nursing care to ensure that the residents' needs are being met effectively and efficiently.
- Follows up on resident concerns by communicating with resident, staff, family, and physician if needed and documents efficientlly.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment for residents and staff.
- Responsible for equipment assigned for resident care to ensure it is clean; reports and removes any equipment that is not functioning properly.
- Understands and implements the principles of infection control, consistently using standard precautions and washes hands after each resident contact.
- Removes and disposes gloves after each resident contact.
- Maintains accurate charting and maintenance of resident's records.
- Proficiently assists during emergency situations.
- Provides an accurate and thorough report in a private area to oncoming staff assuming care for residents.
- Reports changes in conditions.
- Provides professional resident-centered nursing care for residents following established standards and practices in the delivery of care and treatment.
- Reports change in condition or behavior to physician, family, resident, peers, and supervisor as appropriate throughout shift.
- Documents efficiently.
- The LPN is the responsible 'house supervisor' in off-hours, weekends, and holidays.
- The licensed nurse on duty will be responsible for oversight of the facility including staff and residents during these times.
- The licensed nurse will have access to the Registred Nurse 'on-call' during these hours for professional support and assistance as needed.
- In this role the licensed nurse will also be responsible to handle any complaint and/or abuse allegations including but not limited to suspension of staff, notification of facility administration RN 'on-call' and begin the investigation process as directed/guided by facility adminstration/RN 'on-call'.
- The licensed nurse will be expected to make rounds.
Riverside Healthcare is revolutionizing care using leading-edge technology to diagnose and treat patients. We are ranked top in the nation for performance in neurosurgery, orthopedics, and heart surgery and have also been named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics seven times. Riverside is nationally recognized for our specialty programs in obstetrics, trauma, oncology, rehabilitation, geriatrics, occupational health, psychiatric services, and treatment of alcohol and chemical dependency, as well as patient safety. We combine innovation and convenience at state-of-the-art facilities located in communities throughout the greater Kankakee area.
Riverside Medical Center proves that truly progressive medicine is being delivered in Chicago’s southwest suburbs and East Central Illinois. Join a team that is not only concerned with providing the best care possible but also with offering a work environment of advancement and growth. Riverside is a place that embraces a culture where opinions count and dedication is respected, where superior performance is rewarded with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.