Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Reporting to the Executive General Manager - US, the Mid Continent Regional General Manager will manage the Region to achieve agreed-upon operational KPIs, client relationships, sustainability, diversification, growth and staff development objectives, closely cooperating with the North American Leadership Team (NALT), Market Leaders and Technical Leaders.
- Provide leadership to the Region so that it meets GHD’s overall objectives in terms of achieving KPIs, risk management and strategic development having regard to GHD’s core values.
- Implementation of performance and operational initiatives to achieve US business plan and Region business plan objectives.
- Participate in the NALT meetings to collectively identify and share “best practice” across all regions.
- Collaborate with other North American General Managers, to meet North American objectives first, while delivering Region objectives.
The key areas for overview by the Region General Manager include:
- Lead the Behavior-based safety program in the region
- Monitor and manage leading and lagging indicators
- Maintaining a safe work place free of physical and/or mental harm
- Meet Region financial objectives, provide monthly KPI report to the NALT together with any required corrective actions.
- Prepare and submit to the EGM any significant investment/expansion proposals.
- Manage overhead/operational costs in accordance with the KPIs set by the EGM.
- Review and participate in the preparation of key submissions that are critical for the ongoing performance of the Region (including Go/No Go review and participation in Tender Review Group (TRG)).
- Provide early notification of potential claims. Assist in claims management
- Flag and discuss any abnormal issues with the EGM/NALT.
- Ensure compliance with GHD quality assurance processes.
- Develop and update annually the Region Business Plan.
- Develop proposals for expansion e.g. senior appointments, local acquisitions in consideration of current GHD Strategy and region business plan
- Maintain executive level relationships with key Region clients
- Identify and submit proposals for strategic appointments and executive/principal level staff.
- Lead in demonstrating GHD’s core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect, and Integrity in all matters at all times.
- Participate monitor and develop succession planning activities across the Region.
- Coordinate annual staff and Principal PRD review process.
- Monitor Regional shareholding program, make recommendations for new shareholders and share allocations to existing shareholders.
- Manage staff communications in the Region, creating a culture of trust and transparency, address and respond to any cultural issues identified through our employee survey program.
- Strong team development skills, a team player.
- Highly developed communication skills, both oral and written, open communication.
- Good people relationship and networking skills.
- Understanding of the local business markets.
- Able to manage business outcomes through determining priorities.
- Strong judgement and decisiveness; bias for action.
- Leadership skills - cooperative with all GHD staff.
- Ability to influence others, good negotiating skills.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.