To be fully successful at Exotic Metals Forming Company, employees must accomplish more than the "functions and responsibilities" defined herein. They must also continually exemplify the BEST Guiding Principles as well as meet defined performance expectations.
The role is to maintain applications while working closely with the end users to maintain system integrity and maximize the functionality of the system. Apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify and resolve application issues. Install and configure software to offer enhancements and determine the best way to modify configurations of the software to meet needs. The Analyst is often the key point person on the different options available to solve a business challenge and is expected to be completely familiar with the details of the system and be able to refer team members to the appropriate system documentation. This reference material typically includes step-by-step procedural guides, overview material, field specific definitions, explanation of reporting functions, and training material. In addition to the standard documentation, the analyst should also be compiling internal documentation to keep track of changes to the system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as technical resource installing, administering, supporting and monitoring commercial and custom applications for business units.
- Develop and maintain application support documentation for the company's suite of applications in collaboration with technology team members.
- Champion and enhance IT policies and procedures for Incident, Problem and Change Management programs.
- Assist application owners with documenting and organizing reusable test scripts to be used when performing configuration changes and upgrades.
- Utilize technology within the department to document, track and measure for continuous improvement.
- Prioritize tasks and adhere to deadlines established
- Ensure backups are performed through regular verification and performs data restore from as needed.
- Enforce security policy by authenticating requests for change with data / application owners and modifying user menu and security access.
- Monitor system performance, disk utilization, message queues and event logs for errors and takes appropriate corrective and/or recovery action when required.
- Manage the application lifecycle, support and maintenance agreements, ensuring system maturity levels, both company internal and market external, are appropriate for company requirements.
- Administer software license keys issued by commercial software vendors.
- Assist development teams with testing of new and modified applications through job scheduling, security access modifications, and report/output file administration.
- Provide preventative maintenance to application databases and logs.
- Perform routine hardware and software maintenance on the IBM i platform including PTF administration, weekly IPL, and console administration.
- Demonstrate proficiency in IBM i operating system concepts and skills: performance monitoring/tuning, security administration, storage administration, data save, backup and restore functions
- Demonstrate proficiency in diagnosing error messages, determining root cause, and recommending corrective actions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 4-5 years in an IT level 2/3 role with increasing accomplishment in application/system administration
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 or higher, IBM i 7.1 and IBM Power 8 systems required
- Experience with IIS 8 or higher and/or Apache/Tomcat preferred
- PowerShell experience preferred
- IBM DB2 and/or Microsoft SQL Server database experience preferred
- Experience working with application INI, Web Config and DLL files
- Ability to understand complex business requirements
- Experience multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment, prioritizing competing customer demands
- Customer Focus - Dedicated to meeting the needs of internal and external customers; listen effectively, establish and maintain relationships with trust and respect.
- Ethics, Integrity and Trust - Considers ethical issues before decisions are made and seeks to achieve results that are in the best interest of the Company.
- Ownership, Accountability, Responsibility and Compliance - Takes ownership of tasks, projects, and relationships and follows through on obligations and promises.
- Self-Development and Learning: Personally, committed to learning and actively works to continuously develop professionally.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Work collaboratively; find common ground and solve problems for the good of all, while representing own interests and being fair to the team.
- Problem Solving: Use a mix of analysis, experience and judgment to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Critical Thinking: Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Written Communication: Effective in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Verbal Communication: Convey information respectfully and intelligently in ways that others understand.
- Motivation: Highly self-motivated, results driven, and able to own tasks without supervision while using discretion to seek help when necessary.
- Creativity and Innovation: Develop new and original ideas that foster growth and efficiency.
- Time Management: Use time effectively and efficiently; concentrate efforts on important priorities and complete tasks and/or projects on time
- Seek opportunities to improve internal processes and implement measures to control risks within the business applications framework
- Learns organization vision, decision making framework and able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the vision
Sit, stand and/or walk for 8 hours per day. Occasionally lift items that could be up to 25 pounds.
Exotic Metals Forming Company LLC is committed to non-discrimination in employment and other opportunities. Exotic Metals Forming Company LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics
This information describes the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Additional duties outside of the normal responsibilities may be assigned.
Complex Problem Solving