Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Standards Laboratory Senior Supervisor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll be responsible for supervising the Standards Laboratory operations consisting of 25 craft employees engaged in laboratory calibration, routine maintenance and repair activities on measuring and testing equipment used by field personnel.
As a Standards Laboratory Senior Supervisor, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Creating and maintaining a safety conscious work environment
- Overseeing compliance activities of personnel with all applicable rules, policies, standards, and procedures.
- Administering monthly safety meetings and work observations
- Prioritizing and assigning in-house calibration and maintenance work activities.
- Providing performance feedback, coaching, mentoring, and development opportunities.
- Monitoring and controlling the quality and cost allocations of Laboratory functions and production.
- Planning and implementing technical and developmental training.
- Forecasting workload and resource staffing requirements.
- Overseeing equipment maintenance and replacement of both instrumentation and personal protective equipment.
- Provide technical guidance, validating calibration methods, procedures and processes.
- Four or more years of experience supervising an instrumentation repair/calibration operation or repairing/calibrating test equipment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with direct reports, peers, and management.
- Knowledge of the IBEW collective bargaining agreement (CBA), policies for handling labor relations, and human resources issues of performance management, development, selection of personnel, equal opportunity and discipline.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Project and SAP reporting.
- Proven experience with testing techniques, measuring equipment, metrology terminology, calibration methods and procedures on a variety of electrical and electronic instruments and apparatus.
You should know …
Work Mode: When a return-to-office date has been determined, this position’s work mode is on-site.
- Visit our [ Link removed ] to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- Position will require being out in the field throughout the SCE service territory and will require overnight stays periodically.
- This position requires testing. Applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. Please access our [ Link removed ] to reference test(s): (Test 8201). Candidates who have previously passed this assessment, in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Collective Bargaining
- Electrical Engineering
- Hardworking And Dedicated