We are a global team of 6000 visionaries, doers, and makers. Our portfolio of over 25 brands touches lives in more than 50 countries. Together, we reimagine good mornings and endless summers, beauty and bonding, confidence and determination.
The Manufacturing Engineer provides technical expertise and leadership necessary to improve the performance of plant process equipment through the application of appropriate tools and resources.
- Accountable for key performance indicators of defined assets.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for making equipment and reliability improvements, developing applicable strategies and action plans, and following through on project implementation through the utilization of appropriate resources and tools.
- Reviews and/or oversees development of equipment specifications/designs to ensure equipment can meet reliability objectives.
- Carries out life cycle cost analyses to determine most cost effective strategy/option.
- Develop, document, evaluate, and maintain equipment maintenance strategies.
- Develop, review, support, and improve preventative and predictive programs and practices.
- Champion reliability efforts through training, coaching and mentoring.
- Work closely with Engineering and OEM’s to design reliability into new equipment.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS degree in Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 or more years of experience with operations of high-speed process equipment
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of system reliability, availability and maintainability to predict and verify equipment performance in the operational environment.
- Capable of recommending and establishing solutions to address identified weaknesses.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop working relationships on all levels.
- Ability to work on many projects in a high-speed environment.
- Operational computer skills including MS Office and AutoCAD / SolidWorks.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with high-speed converting operations is a plus.
- Experience with LEAN manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Experience in a cGMP compliant manufacturing environment.
- Experience in machinery relocation and start-ups is a plus.
- Key relationships internally will include Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Maintenance & Planning/Scheduling departments and their colleagues.
- Travel requirements may vary from several days per year to several weeks, as required for training and projects.
- Position may require bending, stooping, climbing and standing for extended periods of time.
- Work schedule will typically be during day shift. Some variation of those hours may be required periodically for projects and/or emergency situations.
Edgewell is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Coaching And Mentoring