Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you'll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale - as part of an incredible team culture that's defining the future of behavioral health care.
As a Behavioral Health Care Advocate, you will be responsible for utilization review of behavioral health and substance abuse cases. You'll have a direct impact on the lives of our members as you recommend and manage the appropriate level of care throughout the entire treatment plan.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
The schedule for this position is Monday - Friday, 10:15 AM - 7:15 PM EST
- Focus on initial and concurrent inpatient admission for psychiatric and chemical dependency patients
- Make patient assessments and determining appropriate levels of care (could include inpatient, residential, and partial levels of care)
- Obtain information from providers on outpatient requests for treatment
- Determine if additional clinical treatment sessions are needed
- Manage inpatient and outpatient mental health cases throughout the entire treatment plan
- Administer benefits and review treatment plans
- Coordinate benefits and transitions between various areas of care
- Identify ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff or outpatient care providers on those ideas
- Utilize advanced clinical skills to implement a recovery, health, and wellness-oriented approach to care management
- Partner with designated external providers, programs, entities to address the needs, gaps in care, and recovery goals of complex and high-risk consumers
- Identify and address the needs of members who are consistently high utilizers of services through case conferences and informal communications
- Identify high-risk, co-morbid needs of consumers
- Contribute to treatment plan discussions; routinely attend clinical rounds and other meetings with medical partner or external entities, when applicable
- Partner with internal Optum Behavioral Health Services Teams to coordinate a seamless transition for consumers from an inpatient setting to community-based services
- Comply with all policies, procedures, and documentation standards in appropriate systems, tracking mechanisms and databases
- Collaborate with providers to determine acuity of mental health concerns, barriers, and progress; coordinate appropriate service
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or Marriage or Family Counseling; OR Licensed Ph.D.; OR Registered Nurse
- Active and unrestricted license to practice independently in the state of residence
- 3+ years post-licensure clinical experience in an appropriate behavioral health environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Access to install secure high-speed internet via Cable Broadband, DSL, or Fiber at home
- Ability to work Monday - Friday, 10:15 AM - 7:15 PM EST
- Dedicated, distraction-free workspace at home
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor
- Experience in working in managed care environment
- Utilization management experience
- Substance abuse experience
- Experience in working with children, adolescents, and families
- Experience in working in a hospital setting
- Medical or behavioral health collaboration within different organizations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.