The Helpdesk Manager will play a key role in leading our technical support team to provide excellent customer service and resolve all technical issues. You should have a solid technical background combined with great customer service experience. A problem-solving attitude with an ability to motivate your team to achieve specific goals are essential skills to perform well in this position. You will be responsible for delivering strategic projects, providing technical solutions and work with the ACO IT operations team in managing day to day activities.
This position involves working closely with the internal IT groups, Support groups within MEUS and Business Units to determine and build and deliver robust and secure solutions across multiple locations and platforms.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Managing the IT Operations/Helpdesk team
- Monitoring ticket volume and performance metrics while supporting the team in exceeding expectations, including corrective action if necessary.
- Gather and report operational metrics, accomplishments, and priorities for weekly leadership meetings.
- Ensure timely and accurate customer problem resolutions
- Diligently work on improving customer support by actively responding to queries and issues
- Promote an environment fostering continuous improvement
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Define team goals and lead staff to achieving desired results, and while being accountable for team performance
- Monitoring performance, problem diagnosis & troubleshooting
- Support third-party tools and interfaces as they relate to operations
- 50% of the role will be focused on day-to-day activities
- 25% will be Management/Security/Compliance/Audit
- 25% will be miscellaneous duties that can be learned on the job working with other IT groups and other technologies and tools
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Minimum 3 years of work experience as a Help desk manager
- Experience with planning and budgeting
- An understanding of Cybersecurity & Cyber Risk Management
- Command of Governance, Risks, Compliance (GRC) and Audits
- Understanding of CMMC, NIST and CIS framework and requirements
- We are Microsoft shop - So everything windows related
- Good Understanding of M365 Administration
- Working knowledge of SharePoint
- Experience with Cloud platforms Azure and AWS
- Understanding of BCP and Disaster Recovery
- Database knowledge of MS-SQL
- Windows Server Administration
- General understanding of IT infrastructure, Web Technologies, Networking & Virtualization, and backup technologies
- Experience with technical project management and ability to plan, organize, and control activities
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently, as required
- Implement ITIL and Change Management processes
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of an organization how current trends and technology can address identified business needs and capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, domestic partnership, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, military or veteran status or other legally protected status (except when one of these criteria is a legally permissible bona- fide occupational qualification).
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the Company, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Click here to view the EEO is The Law Poster and the supplement.
Click here to view the Notice to Job Applicants and Employees regarding San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and the Know Your Rights poster.
Applicants with a disability who need assistance with the application process may contact Human Resources by email at [ Email address blocked ] or by calling
- Amazon Web Services
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Requirements
- Change Management