About Covanta Environmental Solutions: Covanta Environmental Solutions offers comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today's most complex environmental challenges. With a nationwide network of treatment, recycling and energy-from-waste facilities, Covanta Environmental Solutions enables customers to mitigate risk and reach their sustainability goals. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] .
About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] .
Information on our facilities is available at [ Link removed ] . For career opportunities, visit [ Link removed ] . Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The CDL A Driver will drive truck with liquid capacity of more than 5000 gallons, to transport materials to and from specified destinations. Secondary transport duties include operation of semi-roll off and van body equipment. SIGN-ON BONUS - $2,000 ($500 upon hire, $750 after 6 months, $750 after 1 year).
- The CDL A Driver will drive truck to destination and operates specialized pump equipment on vehicle to load, unload, or disperse cargo or materials.
- Prepares customer's delivery ticket specific to the product delivered and obtains customer signature.
- Accurate completion of electronic Driver Logs daily.
- Keeps record of materials and products transported.
- Maintains records such as vehicle logs, records of cargo, and shipping manifests according to state and federal regulations.
- Maintains telephone and electronic contact with dispatch to receive delivery instructions.
- Reads maps and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Secures cargo prior to and during transit.
- Ensure elite standard of all operating equipment including but not limited to inside cab, outside cab, outside tanks, hoses, trays, fittings, and all other ancillary parts.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Due to interstate travel in a commercial vehicle and federal regulations, candidates must be 21 years or older.
- Possess a Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License with Tanker Endorsement. Additional Haz Endorsement preferred.
- 2+ years driving experience.
- Has not received any disqualifications to drive a commercial motor vehicle according to the provisions of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, 391.15.
- Abide by standard DOT regulations at all times.
- This position requires the employee to sit and drive for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift heavy hoses and other equipment. (Generally 50 pounds on a daily basis)
- Ability to climb in and out of a truck tractor.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be responsible, well organized and exhibit great Safety Awareness; identify and correct conditions that effect employee and client safety.
Oil And Gas