The Shift Supervisor role is a guest interactive position for individuals who have a passion, understanding, and willingness to learn the legacy of Milton Hershey. Responsibilities include preparing food and beverage orders to our guests. The Cocoa Beanery on the (HCAR) Hershey Center for Applied Research campus is a spot for our guests to relax and enjoy a variety of beverages, sandwiches, baked goods, and creative desserts.
This position contributes to the success of the café by assisting the store manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts. This job deploys team members & delegates tasks to create the highest exceptional guests services with the mission of Hershey Entertainment & Resorts.
This is a part-time year round position. The working schedule for this position may include days, evenings, weekends & holidays based on operational needs.
- Greeting all guests
- Acts with integrity, honesty & knowledge that promote the purpose statement of Hershey Entertainment & Resorts.
- Provides exceptional guest service to all guests by acting with a guest comes first attitude. Connect with guests by serving a variety of coffee offerings to our guests.
- Learning food and beverage menus in order to explain items to guests
- Preparing food according to company standard recipes (Creating and following food preparation lists )
- Answering guest questions and offering suggestions on food products to upsell.
- Handling the telephone in a professional manner
- Cashiering responsibilities including the handling of all money transactions, as well as credit cards and knowledge of the P.O.S system to properly ring in customers' orders and perform closing procedures as well as safety and security.
- Operating, maintaining, and cleaning all equipment, such as espresso and Panini machines, oven, blender, coffee maker, etc.
- Washing dishes/silverware/pots and pans whenever needed
- Execute store operations during scheduled shifts. Organize opening and closing duties. Maintaining a clean and orderly work area, such as emptying trash and cleanliness of restroom and dining areas to adhere to ServSafe and PA Department of Health guidelines and standards
- Recognizes guest and store needs by constantly evaluating environment. Handling guest complaints or concerns with a positive calm demeanor.
- Assist with new employee training. Encourage positive learning by providing respectful feedback.
- Recognize individual & team accomplishments
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Basic knowledge of food service/coffee beverages
- Give direction to team members in a café environment
- Minimum 6 months of customer service experience
- Culinary experience helpful
- Barista experience helpful
- Previous cashier experience helpful
- Experience with POS system helpful
- Inventory knowledge helpful
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate clearly in English
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, Schedule includes mornings/mid-shifts/evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Shifts will vary between locations but may include starting shift as early as 5:30am to a closing shift of 6:30pm. The occasional catered banquet event after normal operating hours may require an evening shift up to 11pm.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Physical requirements include standing and walking for 8 hour shift; bending; pushing/lifting up to 50 lbs; squatting; speaking and listening; and memorizing
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign the duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 15355
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
to Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company (HE&R), we are a world-class
entertainment & hospitality company located in the heart of Hershey, PA. Every
member of our team goes above and beyond to deliver the ultimate experience –
one that will create lasting memories for our guests and foster success for our
employees, company and community.
View the full profile
is a privately held company founded in 1927 when our founder, Milton S.
Hershey, separated his chocolate manufacturing operations from his other
businesses. Our nearly 1,600 full-time and more than 6,200 seasonal/part-time
employees share a common goal of upholding the legacy of our founder while
striving to live by our company's Core Values: Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless
Spirit of Service, Team Focused, and Respectful of Others.