Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Senior Scientist R&D
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Columbus OH, currently has an opportunity for a Senior Scientist in Research & Development (R&D) our ambition is providing innovative high-quality products, creating sustainable value, delivering superior user experience and enhancing health outcomes at all stages of life.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Primary Job Function: Perform research under supervision to support business priorities.
- Support preclinical and translational clinical research to identify innovative technologies that offer benefits related to immune, gut and brain health. Keep up-to-date with scientific literature and patent landscape.
- Conceive, plan, design or conduct advanced independent research/scientific direction/scientific leadership under the direction of an experienced scientist as defined by project goals. Interact with other groups and share information; participate in team activities. Interpret test results and suggest conclusions and action plans. Communicate through verbal updates and written reports.
- Author manuscripts to present at internal and external research meetings.
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to conceive and execute novel ideas and/or technology to support Abbott Nutrition business strategies.
- Provide scientific support (including scientific support to regulatory agency submissions and inquiries, insurance of safety/efficacy of new ingredient(s) based on scientific literature and collaborate with legal counsel on patent applications).
- Conduct global formulation development assessments of compliance to country-specific regulations.
- Author technical R&D documents such as shelf-life test plans, master specification/QQ, TNF, and commercialization recommendations.
- Maintenance of knowledge base in scientific literature (including literature review, scientific meetings, networking with outside investigators, and generation of new ideas/formulations).
Supervisory - Management Responsibilities: May provide leadership/direction for project teams.
Position Accountability - Scope
Strategy: Project goals are broadly defined; defines project milestones; responsible for timely project completion.
Quality of Work: Responsible for documentation and for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of project deliverables
Work Performance: Successfully completes projects accurately and on time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
- Must have excellent communications skills with the ability to interface with management at all levels.
- PhD with specific expertise in immunology and gastrointestinal microbiology; background in nutrition is desirable but not required.
- 2-3 years post PhD experience
- Background in Nutrition
- Cross functional team interaction
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Scientist R&D
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Scientist R&D, on Facebook at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Scientist R&D and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.