To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Antonio, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Lead Systems Engineer
Apex Systems • San Antonio, TX
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Lead Network Systems Engineer
San Antonio, TX
- Lead engineer for complex AF cyber weapons system reporting to the program manager. Provides technical analysis to support the modernization of the weapon system (WS) .
- Coordinates upgrades with the field for new capabilities and provides support for fielding new capabilities for the WS.
- Resolves capacity and performance issues to ensure uninterrupted services. Assists the ISSM in developing IA documentation for ATO packages.
- Prepares disaster recovery plans and business continuity plans.
- Serves as consultant to top management in long-range planning concerning new or projected areas of technological research and advancements.
- Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle.
- Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics.
- Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods.
- Translates high-level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements.
- Establishes and coordinates the development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development.
- Designs interfaces and brings system elements together, so they work as a whole.
- Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
- Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts.
- Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements.
- Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation.
- Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures.
- Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
- Active TS/SCI
- Working knowledge of larger networks and AF Gateways and DoD GIG.
- Thorough understanding and experience with Air Force Cyber missions and organizations
- Experience with AF Communications Systems
- Experienced with voice over internet protocol (VoIP) and plain old telephone service (POTS).
- 7+ years recent experience in direct performance of a major program, project or activity relating to Cyber Security and Information Assurance and managing sophisticated computer networks.
- 10+ years of experience in network architecture and deployment.
- BS with 10-12 experience, or MS with 8-10, or Phd with 5-7
- CCNP certification
- 8570 IAT Level II certified
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178