Registered Nurse (RN), Post Anesthesia Care
Full Time, 80 Hours Per Pay Period, Day Shift
10:00am-8:30pm, 4 days per week. Some weekend, weeknight and holiday call required.
Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center is an award-winning, certified, and accredited facility with 541 beds. As a Joint Commission Comprehensive Stroke Center, Fort Sanders offers state-of-the art care that maximizes recovery from stroke. We are also the region’s leader in technology in areas such as bariatric surgery, robotic surgery and minimally invasive spine surgery. Our door-to-balloon times for heart attack patients are below the national average, and our hip fracture center offers advanced diagnosis, surgery and recovery procedures for hip patients.
Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center is a member of [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to CLIN NURSE III, a locally-owned, non-profit health system based in Knoxville, TN, with a “patient-focused” culture. It has been recognized by [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to CLIN NURSE III for Tennessee. The CEO of our company, Jim VanderSteeg, attends every new employee orientation and will ask you to sign our pledge of excellence to always put patients first, strive for excellence in everything we do, and make Covenant Health the first and best choice for patients in our region. As you’d expect, we offer our employees a [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to CLIN NURSE III, including: offering unmatched medical insurance, tuition reimbursement; student loan repayment assistance, certification bonuses; leadership and professional development programs; an employer-matched 401(k); and a generous Combined Time Off (CTO) program.
Provides professional nursing care within an assigned unit; coordinates care planning with other disciplines.
- Correlates patient history and support systems within hospital care/nursing home care.
- Assesses needs of patient and family.
- Develops and initiates plan of care, involving patient and family.
- Recommends interventions.
- Evaluates plan of care.
- Clinical expertise and knowledge is such that individual can resolve complex patient/management/physician problems without supervision.
- Demonstrates competence in performing critical skills to include appropriate delivery of care according to the age-specific needs of the population served.
- Leads process improvement initiatives in their own unit or participate in facility team.
- Precepts new employees/students or attends formal preceptor workshop and is willing to precept. Reviews clinical performance of preceptee with unit leader or clinical instructor.
- Provides four contact hours of educational activities, excluding basic patient education.
- Contributes to development and evaluation of unit orientation program.
- Supervises LPNs, Nursing Assistants, HUCs, Techs, and sitters.
- Follows policies, procedures, and safety standards. Completes required education assignments annually. Works toward achieving goals and objectives, and participates in quality improvement initiatives as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: None specified; however, must be sufficient to meet the standards for achievement of the below indicated license and/or certification as required by the issuing authority.
Miniumum Experience: Minimum of three (3) years professional experience. Critical care experience preferred.
Licensure Requirement: Must have and maintain Tennessee State RN licensure. CPR required. ACLS and PALS Required.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Business Process Improvement
- Care Planning
- Clinical Works
- Critical Care