People are a company's greatest resource, which is why caring for employees and keeping them healthy is so important. Proactive MD offers a comprehensive health management solution that extends well beyond the clinic walls. Access to on-site physicians, full direct primary care services, and excellent client support are the hallmarks of our program. By engaging a workforce and offering them a personal relationship with a primary care physician, we can deliver measurably better outcomes, making people happier, healthier, and more productive while significantly lowering overall medical costs for employers. We put employees' health first because amazing care yields amazing results. We are the next generation of workplace health centers. JOB SUMMARY
The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) is at the forefront of Proactive MD's clinical operations and is a champion of our Patient Promise: "We are only and always about the patient. We Promise to fight for their greatest good." The mission of the CMA is to support the health and wellness center's clinical and clerical operations. As directed by the provider and Health Center Nurse Manager, the CMA assists the provider and performs appropriate tests and procedures. The CMA is responsible for administrative tasks for the health and wellness center and may assist the Patient Advocate in employee/patient engagement and outreach. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Clinical:
• Interviews patients and measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, BMI calculation, pulse oximeter and records information in the patient's electronic medical record.
• Performs clinical procedures including, but not limited to: injections, Electrocardiography (EKG), routine U/A, dipstick, capillary blood draw, Choles tech, Glucometer, and other medical tests and treatments under the direction of the provider. Proficient in venous labs draws.
• Dispense medications as directed by the physician.
• Proficient in the use and maintenance of Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
• Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination
• Cleans and sterilizes instruments as appropriate Clerical:
• Performs administrative tasks, completes appropriate forms, and manages the front desk/check-in of patients
• Answers phones/phone triage and scheduling appointments
• Responsible for compliance and regulatory reporting
• Maintain clinic and patient records and telephone encounters
• Inventories and orders medical supplies, materials, and medications
• Follow up with center patients who miss appointments
• Schedule external appointments/referrals and make follow-up phone calls to patients regarding scheduling
• Ensure completion of all services ordered by the physician such that all reports, consult notes, and follow-ups are in the chart for the physician to review
• Under the direction of the Patient Advocate periodically assists with engagement/outreach functionsREQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES Required:
• Certification or eligibility for certification as a Medical Assistant from the American Academy of Medical Assistants, the American Medical Technologist Organization, the National Center for Competency Testing or current registration with the American Registry of Medical Assistants
• Current certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support and AED Certification for health care providers
• Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software, Word Processing software, and Electronic medical records.
• Ability to communicate effectively and maintain working relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
• Ability to prioritize needs and plan work accordingly
• Knowledge of HIPPA confidentiality requirements Preferred:
• Associate's degree or equivalent from an accredited Medical Assistant training program
Proactive MD is firmly committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, amnesty status, or veteran status applicable to state and federal laws.
- Automated External Defibrillator
- Basic Life Support
- Blood Pressure
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Clinical Works