Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services\u2014from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance\u2014with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality \u2013 We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability \u2013 Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People \u2013 We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients \u2013 We deliver value and exceed our clients\u2019 expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation \u2013 Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact \u2013 We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
This position allows for a hybrid work schedule with a mix of work spent in office and working remote from home.
- As an entry level mechanical designer, this position will offer you the opportunity to work in a multi-disciplined engineering and design project team developing mechanical equipment location, piping layout and pipe support deliverables
- Participate in 3D model reviews and the coordination of detailed design phases for all aspects of an integrated mechanical design
- Layout mechanical equipment maintaining required spatial clearances utilizing 3D modeling software
- Develop physical piping layout and pipe support designs utilizing 3D modeling software in an integrated 3D design environment
- Layout piping, associated components and pipe supports utilizing system design criteria and engineering piping & instrumentation diagram (P&ID) information
- Work with mechanical equipment 3D model layout and vendor drawings to verify equipment and component connection points
- Work in 3D model with other design disciplines to ensure that physical clearances are met and constructability, accessibility, and operations and maintenance requirements are maintained
- Work with piping stress and structural engineers to locate and detail required pipe supports
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- Auto Cad
- Mechanical Systems