To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Williamsburg, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mechanical Engineer - TS/SCI Polygraph
CH2M & Jacobs • Williamsburg, VA
Posted 22 days ago
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nations most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life. Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity. We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster.
***This is a Contingent Position***
Jacobs is seeking a, Mechanical Engineer with an active TS/SCI Polygraph in Williamsburg, Virginia. Duties will include:
- Be responsible for providing guidance to Government on a range of complex project and program issues, including impact on Government buildings or food services, customer space within non-customer buildings, and infrastructure, while ensuring the risks associated with a project and/or program have reasonable, sound mitigation strategies
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information
- Establish and coordinate the maintenance and safety procedures, service schedule, and supply of materials required to maintain machines and equipment in the prescribed condition
- Estimate costs and submit bids for engineering, construction, or extraction projects, and prepare contract documents
- Investigate/oversee equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and make recommendations to the maintenance crew
- Read/review and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications; be able to coordinate activities with trade shops
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements by applying knowledge ofengineering principles
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications
- Oversee and coordinate operations, maintenance, repair, engineering, and inspections of all HVAC and plumbing equipment and mechanical rooms
- Coordinate energy program and analyze utility costs
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for mechanical related activities.
- Provide recommendations about the commitment of project resources, planning and implementation, and demonstrate accountability for project and/or program outcomes including corporate interests
- Active TS/SCI Poly clearance
- BS degree in appropriate discipline and five (5) to eight (8) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree and four (4) to six (6) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. school and zero (0) to three (3) years of related experience. Degree should be in a Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Five (5) years of experience applying substantive mechanical engineering in facilities operations to initiate, lead, plan, implement, develop risk mitigation strategies, and ensure quality through testing and validation activities
- Must be Professional Engineer (PE) Certified and possess an industry recognized Project Management certification to manage and support Government projects
Essential Job Functions
Physical Requirements: Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
Work Environment: Fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines: General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance: Critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions: Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>