Medline Industries, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Director of Engineering. This individual will oversee and manage all engineering functions for the Excelsior division at the Hartland, Wisconsin location. Improve and maintain production efficiencies. Develop and implement changes that will improve operational productivity. Explore and specify new equipment and/or new processes to expand manufacturing capabilities at the site.
- Drive technical excellence on high speed automated manufacturing equipment. Implement best practices for equipment design, maintenance, and manufacturing processes to ensure processes are robust, capable, and meet World Class Manufacturing standards .
- Identify root causes for process inefficiency and implement robust, sustainable solutions to drive performance and increase uptime, yield, and overall process efficiency.
- Use Lean and Six Sigma practices to eliminate non-value added activity to drive maximum operational efficiency.
- Establish and maintain standards for equipment validation along with the quality department. Execute a validation strategy that identifies all critical inputs and controls them properly to achieve optimal performance of critical process/product outputs.
- Develop and maintain technical staff including engineers, technicians, and mechanics to maintain and improve equipment and processes. Establish and maintain effective communication across 3 shift operations (24/5) such that processes are equally and effectively supported across all shifts and that technical knowledge is effectively shared between shifts.
- Develop plans (cost, timing, benefit, resources) for capital equipment expenditures to support capacity expansion and new product development processes. Analyze costs related to capital expenditures to determine break-even points, payback and associated hard and soft savings.
- Conduct training, when appropriate, on engineering concepts and tools, including but not limited to process capability, root cause analysis, lean and six sigma tools, inspection, measurement and test methods.
- Develop and mentor staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; build and maintain employee morale and motivation; ensure the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies.
Medline offers a business casual, entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential, a competitive compensation package, and a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; 401(k) with company match. And much more!
Relevant Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline (Industrial Engineering/Mechanical Engineering).
- At least 6 years experience in manufacturing / warehouse environment.
- At least 4 years of experience managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating and directing people as they work
- Intermediate skill level in computer and systems use.
- Advanced skill levels in technical writing, research paper writing and/or experimental design.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: changing picture styles, customizing animation and/or setting automatic slide timings).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: adding developer tab, creating a macro, formatting table style, inserting comments and/or creating a mail merge).
- Basic AS400 or ERP systems knowledge.
- Medical device or pharmaceuticals manufacturing experience
- High speed manufacturing processes experience
- CAD experience
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certification