The KFMB station group in beautiful San Diego, is looking for a talented and experienced Brand Manager to join our award-winning marketing team. The successful candidate will oversee all aspects of the brand and will be responsible for facilitating, growing and refining the brand. The main role of this position will be to bring internal and external clarity to the News 8 brand, a legacy product and market leader.
This position will report to the Director of Marketing & Programming and will work inside the station's marketing department. This individual will collaborate with internal and external partners to bring the brand to life. They will facilitate the strategic development of the brand and provide guidance to all who impact the brand across all platforms. This position will ensure that all advertising, multi-platform content, social media extensions and internal marketing are in brand compliance.
The ideal candidate is humble, professional and flexible with a strong ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic media environment. They can set goals and manage competing priorities. They must have a positive attitude and fearlessly push the envelope. They can effectively manage, connect, collaborate and act as a liaison with internal and external partners. They are a big picture thinker, able to look 6-18 months ahead to ensure the vision of the brand while operating with a sense of urgency in the present. They are comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders across departments including but not limited to news and content, human resources, department heads and station leadership, corporate executives and more.
- Champion the brand in all station efforts. Educate the stakeholders on brand and how to incorporate brand-thinking in their individual work areas.
- Work closely with research to analyze and report on key audience insights that affect brand growth.
- Develop a culture of brand clarity, developing, reviewing and training staff to ensure adherence to the brand guidelines.
- Governing the brand and achieving a high level of organizational consistency across platforms. Continuously monitor and track all creative assets providing ongoing critiques.
- Ability to write, shoot and edit video for branded creative content across all platforms a plus, but not mandatory.
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of experience in a related field and a successful track record in brand building
- Strong organizational, communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Adobe CC preferred
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, URL blocked - click to apply
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.