$40,000 Student Loan Repayment or $20,000 Sign-on Bonus for individuals who have not previously participated in this program
Careers at Landmark, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. At Landmark, we work to deliver high quality, comprehensive care to chronically ill patients wherever they reside and whenever they need it. We focus on doing what’s right for the people we serve, even when it’s not easy. This is your opportunity to be part of a compassionate team that is setting out to change health care for complex, chronic patients. We’re looking for driven people like you because changing the status quo takes dedication. Here, we’ll invest in your personal and professional growth while giving you a unique opportunity to make a difference. Helping people feel their best is a rewarding part of doing your life’s best work.(sm)
If you are located in Chicago, IL, you will have the flexibility to work from home and the office in this hybrid role* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide regularly scheduled (usually weekly) caseload consultation to BHCMs. Case review consultations focus primarily on patients who are new to the caseload or who are not improving as expected under their current treatment plan. Case reviews may be conducted by telephone, video, or in person
- Work with the BHCM to oversee the status and population health of their assigned patient caseload. The behavioral health consultant using a dashboard built in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR), Ubiquity, to track all assigned patients and prioritize patients for case review and treatment adjustment
- Recommend any treatment adjustments through the case review process or in ad-hoc consultations, including medication recommendations and other interventions, within 24 hours of consulting with a BHCM or other interdisciplinary team (IDT) members
- Advise on treatment for patients who may need more intensive or more specialized mental health care, supporting treatment in the medical setting until patients can be engaged in specialized care as appropriate
- Clearly communicate the limitations of the case review consultation and treatment recommendations if the patient is not evaluated in person
- Direct evaluation of patients with significant diagnostic or therapeutic challenges who are identified in discussion with the patient’s BHCM and/or longitudinal Landmark provider. Such consultation may be provided in person or via telemedicine (video or telephone)
- Development and delivery of in-service training for longitudinal Landmark providers and other IDT staff regarding recognition and treatment of behavioral health conditions and substance use disorders in primary care
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Licensed psychiatric nurse practitioner; completion of accredited program in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 3+ years of post PMHNP experience
- Experience with consultation-liaison psychiatry
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive, flexible, and solution-focused attitude
- Ability to quickly synthesize medical and mental health data and formulate effective and evidence-based clinical recommendations
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
**PLEASE NOTE** Employees must be in an active regular status. Employees must remain in role for a minimum of 12 months from the date of hire/rehire/transfer. If an employee leaves Home and Community, the student loan repayments will cease. The employee must remain in an Advanced Practice Clinician or Physician role within Home and Community for 36 months to receive the full benefit of the student loan repayments.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.