Do you have experience with Offensive Cyber Operations?
Do you like making connections between kinetic and non-kinetic processes and technologies?
Are you searching for relevant work in Cyber Warfare or Information Warfare?
Are you passionate about DOD's Fires Process, Targeting and Intelligence?
Do you enjoy contributing to problem-solving, deep-thinking teams creating technical solutions that are useful to the warfighter?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a specialist who has experience with how the DOD fights in and through the cyber domain and information environment. You'll contribute to research and design projects when you join our team of hardworking engineers, scientists, and analysts who recommend technological innovations and processes to move the DOD into the future. We are passionate about real-world challenges with national importance. Our team is committed to providing trusted direction to DOD and related organizations. We value outstanding technical offensive cyber skills paired with a novel vision that brings credibility in a growing field.As a Cyber Warfare/Information Warfare Specialist ...
Your primary responsibility will be applying experiences in government cyber warfare, cyber operations, intelligence, influence, strategic communications, and/or information operations to enhance and mature cyber capabilities, TTPs, and operational context for the usage of these domain areas.
- You will conduct mission and operations analysis, define mission needs, and drive operational requirements with a focus on warfighter needs. This could include testing of tools, pre-test planning and analysis, on-site participation in testing, post-test analysis, documentation and reporting, as well as independent test execution.
- You will apply concepts such as integration of full-spectrum cyber operations into the joint targeting cycle, the intelligence cycle, information sharing processes, and traditional maneuver Concepts of Operations.
- You will support technical leadership on Cyber Operations Strategy and Deterrence for government sponsors, and be passionate about thinking of the future of cyber warfare as a coordinated capability with traditional defense, homeland protection, special operations, and health care activities. This includes the addition of offensive cyber as a deterrent capability along with traditional capabilities such as long range and nuclear strike.
- You will educate APL internal audiences on operational and other contexts for cyber operations, cyber warfare, and deterrence in and through the cyber and information domains, to include specific training when needed.
- You will engage existing and potential new sponsors to define and develop new opportunities where the group can demonstrate its experience in support of new programs with challenges.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a Bachelors degree in intelligence, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, software engineering, cybersecurity, mathematics, systems engineering, operations research and systems analysis, or a closely related field.
- Have a strong background working with United States Cyber Command, the Service Cyber Components and teams, the intelligence community, or other DoD cyber organizations supporting cyber mission force teams or staff supporting cyber operations planning, targeting, or fires and effects.
- Have demonstrated examples of integrating cyber with other information related capabilities and/or operationalizing technical tools and systems.
- Are a qualified Interactive On-net Operator.
- Hold an active TS/SCI security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- • Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have a MS or PhD in intelligence, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, software engineering, cybersecurity, mathematics, systems engineering, operations research and systems analysis, or a closely related field.
- Have 10+ years of relevant technical experience within combatant commands, information operations, psychological operations, or special forces.
- Have experience with Cyber Threat Intelligence, Cyber Threat Information analysis, and/or Social Network Analysis.
- Have developed, approved, and/or executed targets in the cyber domain.
- Have deployed to a combat theater conducting planning or employing cyber capabilities.
- Are familiar with processes such as the Joint Operational Planning Process, Special Technical Operations, Adaptive Planning and Execution process, the Request and Approval Process for Cyberspace Operations, de-confliction processes, and other frameworks for integration and approval of capabilities for the warfighter.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Information/Cyber Warfare Specialist
- Operations Research
- Computer Engineering
- Data Analysis
- Complex Problem Solving