At C.R. England, our most valuable asset is our people. Whether on the road, in our shops, or in our offices, our people make C.R. England a transportation industry leader. The diversity of our professionals drives us forward. We strongly believe each individual should have the support and opportunities they need to build a solid career. We provide. We live by the entrepreneurial and family spirit on which C.R. England was founded. We have opportunities for people of all backgrounds.
Why join us:
Stability: The transportation industry is crucial to the U.S. economy, making C.R. England a stable career choice. As a 100+ year-old leader in the transportation industry, we have grown 100% in the last decade. We will continue growing as we approach our second century.
Employee Value: 2015 recipient of the Achievers Award for Most Engaged Workplaces in the U.S.
Benefits: World class compensation and benefits packages, continuous training and development, and a team-oriented culture
Work life balance: At C.R. England we value family both in our individual homes and our company family; our culture embraces this philosophy and fosters an environment to support both.
The key responsibilities of the Finance Manager are to document financial transactions by entering account information, recommending financial actions by analyzing accounting options, summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
Essential job requirements may include, but not limited to:
- Develop and maintain annual budget and monthly forecasts.
- Manage and complete monthly, quarterly, an annual reporting including variance analysis.
- Coordinate with corporate finance.
- Work together with the rest of the high performing client team on both client and corporate requirements.
- Track financial contractual requirements.
- Support the client, the account team, and corporate management.
- Ensure budgets are achieved, manage the P&L.
- Help to identify and minimize financial risks.
- Ensure corporate policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Supervise a financial analyst and work closely with the rest of the client finance team, the rest of the account team, corporate finance, and shared services.
- Design, review, and prepare monthly reporting.
- Maintain and improve budget model.
- Be able to grasp concepts quickly and adapt to continual change.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and work effectively independently or in a team environment.
- Keep company leadership informed of project priorities and any issues that may require their attention.
- Work with other department leaders to establish goals, align priorities and define departmental processes.
- Practice and observe safety rules and regulations and encourage others to do so at all times.
- Always conduct yourself in a manner that reflects a positive, professional image. Must maintain a professional appearance in accordance with dress code policies.
- Treat each individual with care, dignity, fairness, respect and recognition.
- Work productively and collaboratively with direct supervisor and peers.
- Display and encourage teamwork and willingness to be a problem solver. Provide excellent customer service.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth by the company and ensure that all employees are knowledgeable of and adhere to all standards set for by the company.
- Must be able to work with office equipment, utilizing computers for majority of tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job qualifications may include, but not limited to:
- 8+ years related professional experience – FP&A, controllership, operations support, and/or public accounting.
- MA / MS in Finance, Accounting or a related field is highly preferred. Active CPA license is preferred.
- Transportation industry experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to work with office equipment, utilizing computers for majority of tasks and must be familiar with Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Proficient in assessing customer needs.
- Excellent negotiation and business acumen skills needed.
- Skilled in communicating effectively with all levels of management on complex business issues.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Excellent ability to work as part of a team.