One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital management companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue exceeding $10.7 billion. In 2019, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2018, ranked #268 on the Fortune 500; and in 2017, listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago, enabling us to provide compassionate care to our patients and their loved ones: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 87,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 350 inpatient acute care hospitals and behavioral health facilities and 30 outpatient and other facilities located in 37 states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. For additional information on the Company, visit our web site: URL blocked - click to apply.
The Corporate Information Services Department is seeking a dynamic and talented Software Engineer I – Integration.
As part of the development team, the Software Engineer I - Integration participates in the analysis of business requirements and needs of the Corporate and facility customers. Designs, develops, implements, supports, and maintains Web-based applications that meet those requirements, using Microsoft .NET Technologies. Monitors the resolution of maintenance or enhancement issues. Takes part in all aspects of solution development including: requirements gathering; feature design; implementation and deployment. Implements modifications to existing interfaces that will effectively accomplish desired objectives. Designs and implements new applications or modifications to existing applications that will effectively accomplish desired objectives. Provides technical support to UHS entities as needed. Meets deadlines and ensures continued progress toward assignment completion. Interfaces with the user community regarding application design and support. Provides guidance to less experienced staff. Shares experience and expertise with other members of team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Designs, codes, tests and documents new systems or enhancements to existing systems.
- Assists in recommending application solutions to meet business need.
- Participates in meetings with users, vendors, and IS staff to develop/modify system specifications.
- Supports the implementations of applications and prepares the appropriate documentation.
- Performs system testing and documentation for all phases of the application development life cycle.
- Performs Q/A on application functionality.
- Researches and resolves implementation-related application issues.
- Adheres to appropriate UHS Project Management standards.
- Ensures strict adherence to work plans, reporting all serious deviations to management.
- Assists with the training of users in operating procedures for application.
- Researches and resolves Customer Support Center Tickets including major application upgrades.
- Adheres to Service Level and Change Management Policies.
- Provides on-call support as scheduled.
- Establishes and maintains regular communications with user community.
- Provides technical support and guidance to other team members as required.
- Maintains Service Excellence principles.
- Prepares and promptly submits all routine and special reports.
- Contributes to performance evaluation of junior staff members as needed.
- Keeps management well informed of activities, needs, problems.
- Reviews and reports progress on an ongoing basis
- Provides technical advice to staff as required
- Directs and assists other Software Engineers, when necessary
- Performs other tasks as required by management.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems with a preference of knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following disciplines: in MS SQL Server coding including the use of stored procedures, functions, triggers and ad hoc queries, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), .NET Framework, XML, ASP.NET, object-oriented application development, RDBMS methodology.
- Working knowledge of system application implementation, enhancement and support methods and practices. Comprehensive working knowledge of computer systems analysis and programming techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications; design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing, coding, debugging, or modification of interfaces or programs based on and related to user design specifications.
- Working knowledge of development standards and quality methods and metrics.
- Working knowledge of project management methods.
- General familiarity of user business practices, concepts and terminology sufficient to support the applications.
- Experience will include problem solving, creating system and program level documentation, complex database design concepts, knowledge of basic business management concepts.
- Ability to clearly convey and assimilate information, and prepare detailed specifications and documentation.
- Position also requires a working knowledge of all aspects of the project development life cycle and the ability to multi-task while effectively managing time and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- 3 years of Cerner Revenue Cycle, Data warehousing, and Predictive analytics experience preferred
Travel Requirements: 0 – 15% domestic US travel (depending on projects).
This opportunity provides the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
*UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.