To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sioux Falls, SD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society • Sioux Falls, SD
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Join our not-for-profit organization that has provided nearly 100 years of housing and services to seniors with a commitment to quality care and service in a Christian environment.
Show YOU care, join us today!
Location: 0010 - National Campus
4800 W 57th St
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, 57117-5038
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Good Samaritan Society is looking for a Payment Specialist to perform daily payment application processes for multiple accounts receivable applications. The Payment Specialist will be responsible for posting all payments timely and accurately and reconcile payment clearing accounts.
Other Duties Include:
- Handle mail distribution daily.
- Assist with special projects under the direction of supervisor, manager, or director.
- Perform daily posting of payments received from multiple sources and applications.
- Work with the Treasury department to identify which location funds belong to of deposits that are received and they are not able to identify.
- Reconciliation of all payment clearing accounts to verify all payments have been applied accurately and timely.
- Research all balances found in the payment clearing accounts and make appropriate corrections.
- Assist with other daily accounts receivable related tasks.
- Responsible for using the accounts receivable system appropriately and any other system associated with processing accounts receivable or systems used to report general ledger information as well as statistical reporting.
Two year accounting or business degree or equivalent combination of education / work experience two-year accounting or business degree preferred.
Ability to communicate in both verbal and written form. To read and interpret various types of remittance advices and explanation of benefits. To identify problems, assess problems to determine the root cause and create a plan of action. Able to switch directions when necessary. Able to determine when to involve supervisor for assistance. Able to multi-task and be an independent worker. To comprehend difficult account activities and be very detailed. To meet strict Society policy timelines for timely billing, month ends and third party payor filing windows.
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying employees. The variety of benefits include: health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visit: https://www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit: https://www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action
All qualified applicants will recieve consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status.