To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- York, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Coordinator: Government Furnished Materials
BAE Systems • York, PA
Posted 6 days ago
The BAE Systems Combat Vehicles site in York, Pennsylvania, is seeking a Coordinator for Government Furnished Materials. In this role, the Coordinator is the Subject Matter Expert helping to lead Government Property activities/oversight function within the Materials organization. The Coordinator will be involved with and responsible for a broad range of government property oversight efforts and activities to include process control, management and accountability of government property through its life-cycle processes, including receipt, distribution, utilization, inventory, accountability and disposal. Provides oversight and guidance with:
- Contract Data Requirement Lists (CDRL);
- Government Furnished Materials (GFM) Year-to-Date and Month-to-Date receipt reports;
- Creating GFM purchase orders (PO), including for the Elgin OK and Anniston AL locations;
- Generating shipping paperwork internally/externally including creating sales orders for rework;
- Contract Transfers between programs;
- Project Transfers;
- Researching and requesting daily material history/transactions, material movement, etc.;
- Government property lost reports, adjustments for all programs as well as information, process reviews, training and, verifying receipt documentations, etc.;
- Setting up meetings and coordinating communication within the Government Property Team.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Leadership experience and/or capability to guide the material group and support as a liaison/primary focal point with the Government Property Organization and other functions as required;
- Ability to foster and nurture a productive team environment through coaching, guiding, and motivating team members;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Organizational skills to monitor and maintain auditable records of government-owned property;
- Detail orientated for monitoring record accuracy, completion, and audit trail capability;
- Able to deliver required support (system and resources) in preparation of referenced audits and assessments;
- As a SME, able to use knowledge to check and monitor compliance with company policy and procedures, contractual and FAR/DFARS requirements;
- Analysis experience to be able to review current practices for deficiencies and determine potential corrective actions and implementation plans;
- Ability to develop strategies and testing and analysis methods for more complex problems with limited guidance from management;
- Independent work ability in establishing and validating process controls to insure compliance to property procedures and regulations;
- Ability to identify control issues and implement potential practical and simple solutions;
- Computer literate in MS Office and related Government Property software and ERPs.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Working knowledge of FAR, DFARS, and other contract clauses impacting government property a plus;
- CPPM (Certified Professional Property Manager) preferred;
- Experience in Government Property Administration a bonus;
- Manufacturing experience/background, particularly in a DoD environment, beneficial.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression