We all face challenges and transitions in our lives, and when we do, we must be able to count on the strength of community for support. For the people of Los Angeles, Jewish Family Service LA is that trusted source of support. We are a comprehensive network of services that welcomes individuals and families of all ages and identities to our full spectrum of care. Our highly trained staff and volunteers work closely with individuals and their loved ones to problem-solve and guide them on their paths to safety, security, wellness, and fulfillment.
JFS staff share in our mission and work towards our goals with the highest level of responsibility, professionalism, and integrity. JFS demonstrates our commitment to our staff by offering a comprehensive benefits package and a nurturing environment.
Be part of our commitment, and join our family. For more information on our philosophy and services, please tour our website www.jfsla.org
The Senior Director, Older Adult Services is responsible for providing overall leadership for program directors and program administration for multiple senior service programs and site locations. Oversees the day to day operations of Senior Centers; MSSP; ALW; Holocaust Survivor; and several Health Care Case Management Contracts. Ensures the delivery of quality care coordination and clinical work. Serves as agency representative and advocate in the older adult service community of Los Angeles and in the Jewish Community. The Senior Director, Older Adult Services is key member of the agency’s senior leadership team.
- Licensed mental health professional with strong clinical background.
- LCSW and MSW degree with concentration in Gerontology Studies preferred
- Minimum of five years progressive clinical, supervisory, and administrative experience in the field of aging, including budgeting and budget oversight, grant development, implementation and oversight.
- Experience in a multiservice center and knowledge of senior issues.
- Must have valid CA driver’s license and proof of Insurance.
- Strong program development skills with creativity and flexibility to manage new and changing needs of the population and funding.
- Strong organizational and planning skills to manage multiple priorities and meet required deadlines.
- Management skills necessary to attract and maintain a highly effective and motivated staff.
- Team leadership skills to build effective teams, mentor management staff and provide necessary training.
- Ability to represent the agency effectively in the community, with funding sources, and the general public.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Culturally sensitive and able to work with a multicultural client/customer population and ability to work in non-judgmental manner and foster positive outcomes.
- Possess a professional, business-oriented communication style.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Travel to multiple work sites is required.
- Flexible with work hours, able to travel, and able to work after hours as needed.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must pass a criminal background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) prior to beginning employment.
- Serves as advocate for older adult and Jewish community programming through partnership development and participating in coalitions in the Los Angeles community.
- Maintain and enhance strategic partnerships with funders and partner agencies throughout the city, county and state.
- Supporting the agency’s growth and development by assessing national trends, advancing strategic initiatives, and representing the agency in venues that will support this agenda.
- Implement and oversee program quality assurance and improvement process, inclusive of periodic review of client care documentation and corresponding reports describing findings and recommendations.
- Oversee program wide efforts to maintain CARF accreditation standards.
- Attend and present at board meetings as needed.
- Oversight of professional staff development and student interns.
- Provide strategic direction and support to all older adult programming.
- Provide oversight of program budgets and annual program budget development.
- Interact with funding sources and other legislative activity relating to programs, as well as advocacy with funding sources.
- Build relationships with strategic partners for business, funding, advocacy, and research and teaching opportunities.
- Identify, recruit, hire, and train staff, paid and unpaid interns and support as appropriate.
- Provide weekly supervision of program managers, administrative support staff, and quality assurance staff.
- Active participation in agency senior leadership team
- Performs additional duties as assigned
Jewish Family Service is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.