At UnitedHealth Group and Optum, we want to make healthcare work better for everyone. This depends on hiring the best and brightest. With a thriving ecosystem of investment and innovation, our business in Ireland is constantly growing to support the healthcare needs of the future.
Our teams are at the forefront of building and adapting the latest technologies to propel healthcare forward in a way that better serves everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, we use the most advanced development tools, AI, data science and innovative approaches to make the healthcare system work better for everyone. Join us and do your life's best work.
The Senior Data Analyst collects and analyses data to identify trends to provide insights to manage contract performance. The main duties include identifying, gathering, analyzing data and making insights accessible through graphs, charts, tables and reports.
Careers with Optum offer hybrid work arrangements and individuals who live in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to regularly work from home (remote). Here at Optum we use the office space to promote community, enhance collaboration and foster innovation.
- Mining data to extract information from data sets and identify correlations and patterns
- Develop data quality validations and alerts
- Organizing and transforming data into comprehensible analyses in repeatable and scalable ETL processes
- Using data to predict trends in pharmacy and client utilization
- Using tools and techniques to visualize data in easy-to-understand formats, such as diagrams and graphs
- Communicate complex data insights to leadership
- Identifying and recommend ways to streamline business processes
- Communicating with stakeholders to understand data content and business requirements
- Undergraduate degree required
- Experience in a position monitoring, managing, manipulating and drawing insights from data
- Strong SQL programming with the ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries
- Strong experience with Tableau or Power BI and publishing visualizations to server
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills.
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people, and projects simultaneously.
- Experience with Public Cloud technologies such as (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Python experience
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organisation around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.℠
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the Optum Ireland Telecommuter Policy.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.