This is an entry-level food service position that is responsible for cleaning the interior and exterior of the restaurant. Responsible for all utility and/or maintenance duties in the restaurant as assigned.
Specific Job Duties:
In accordance with Haru service and cooking procedures:
- Cleans, mops, sweeps and dusts kitchen and dinner room facilities.
- Requisitions supplies from stockroom; receives stores and distributes supplies.
- Cleans, washes and polishes equipment.
- Changes light bulbs, stacks and arranges chairs and does other miscellaneous jobs.
- Makes minor repairs on equipment and facilities.
- Removes dishes from dish machine and stores them.
- Occasionally decorates for special events.
- Launders rags and aprons as needed.
- Bags and hauls restaurant trash to dumpster at designed times.
- Maintains adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies.
- Uses cleaning, sanitation and chemical agents correctly and properly.
- Fills in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or kitchen chef.
- Performs other duties as assigned by a supervisor
- Assists dishwasher when needed.
Experience and Education:
- Experience in maintenance field preferred.
- Ability to use various types of hand tools and/or hand-held power tools.
- Previous experience working in a restaurant, catering business or hotel kitchen highly desirable.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Competencies, Knowledge and Skills:
Customer Service: Must possess good customer service skills. Must be able to maintain a high degree of professionalism when interacting with colleagues or guests.
Communication: Must possess excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate and understand guests' and colleagues' instructions, read and understand written directives, and be able to clearly communicate if s/he requires further direction. Must be able to interpret nonverbal cues in an effort to identify and correct potential problems. Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
Interpersonal Relationships: Ability to adapt and interact with a diverse group of people. Ability to maintain a professional and courteous demeanor during stressful and/or busy times. Must be able to work as part of a team and recognize the importance of each team member's role in the guest dining experience.
Physical Demands: Must be able to perform a variety of physical activities including, but not limited to, standing for long periods of time, climbing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping and lifting up to 55 lbs. Ability to carry and lift dinnerware and kitchen utensils containing hot or cold foods and liquids. Must be able to use cleaning compounds and cleaning products. Must be able carry large bins filled with dishes, silverware and other eating utensils. Exposure to hot and/or cold temperatures required (stove, freezer, etc.)
Food and Beverage Knowledge, Preparation, Production and Safety: Knowledge of industry standards on beverage and food storage and handling techniques is highly desirable. Have a high standard practice of cleanliness, organization and sanitation.
Problem Solving and Conflict Management: Must exercise sound judgment and possess good problem solving skills. Must have the ability to recognize and resolve problems in an appropriate manner. Must have basic math skills.
Shift Flexibility: Must be able to work different shifts, including holidays, nights and weekends. Must be able to work overtime as required.
Complex Problem Solving